Chapter 70

The next day, Aaliyah bailed Dre out and he is now currently on house arrest.

"Dre I can't stay here with you", Aaliyah said as she looked around.

"Oh come on. I got you", Dre said. "And you know how to work a gun now so... you got me too right?"

"I do...but Dre I can't", Aaliyah said. "I'm also still upset with you for lying to me"

"So you gonna be staying with Jay?", he asked.

"That's the only place I haven't almost died at", she said.

Dre was quiet.

"I'm sorry Dre", she said. "I can stay for a while but I can't sleep here"

Dre walked to Aaliyah and grabbed her hands. "Can I tell you something?", he asked.

"Sure", she replied.

"When I was in jail, I only thought about you", he said. "My queen"

"Dre, please", she said as she shook her head. "Not today"

"What?", he asked. "It's true"

"Yea. But I'm not in the mood. Let's just chill", she said as she sat on the bed.

Dre sat next to her. "We can chill alright", he said before he kissed her neck.

Aaliyah bit her bottom lip.

Dre felt up her shirt but Aaliyah moved his hand.

"Dre, I have to tell you something", she said.

Dre stopped kissing her neck and looked at her. "What? You slept with somebody else?", he asked.

Aaliyah made a face. "Why is that your first assumption?", she asked.

"Somebody named Kev called you.. but you lied and said it was somebody else", he said. "Then you left"

"There is nothing going on between us. I just.. I just wanted to talk about some things with him that's all", she said.

"Who is this guy again?", he asked.

"A friend. Somebody I knew since I was a kid", she replied.

"Oh the one that turned into your boyfriend and who is now your ex?", he asked. "You had to talk to him about what, Aaliyah??"

Aaliyah was quiet.

"But you can't talk to me?", he asked.

"I can talk to you, Dre", she said. "Just certain things you don't understand because you weren't there for it"

"No, I wouldn't understand because you don't tell me much", he said.

"I don't tell you much because.. because it's hard. He and Keyanna... are the only two people I've shared everything with. He betrayed me and after that, I told myself I would never let another soul know about my dark side", she said. "I've been trying with you! I just can't talk about everything at once"

Dre nods as he turns his back on her.

"I'm trying", she said.

"...what you did with that dude after the club...I let slide.. but I need to know..", he said as he looked at her. "Did you sleep with your ex?"

"No", she replied.

"Anything?", he asked.

"We just talked", she said. "That's it"

Dre looked down. "Did that talk help?", he asked.

"Just stop talking about this", Aaliyah said.