Chapter 14

The next day Aaliyah woke up and Dre was nowhere to be found. Not that she looked for her, she just knew he wasn't there.

Aaliyah poured some orange juice in her cup and drunk it down. She never been so thirsty waking up. She wanted to shower but realized she didn't have any or her things.

She grabbed her phone from upstairs and her keys and put her slides on and headed to her apartment. As she drove there, she started to remember the fact that her mom just died last night. Her emotions wanted her to be sad but she wouldn't let herself be. She felt like she did enough crying. It wasn't going to change the fact that she was actually gone for good.

—————————————————-

Aaliyah got to her apartment door but saw that the door knob was broke. Her heart dropped because she didn't know who or where these people were. She looked around then walked away. She got downstairs and saw a guy with tattoos who just looked like he was up to now good. She quickly hid so he couldn't see her and he sat down.

"Damn it", she said thought to herself.

She say the back door to the building and took a deep breath. She walked in to the door making sure he didn't notice her. Well hoping he didn't notice her and she walked out of the building.

"Hey girl, let me talk to you for a minute", a deep voice called.

Aaliyah looked to the side and he was walking to her as he pulled his gun out.

"Oh shit", she said as she ran bending over to dodge the bullets and kicking off her slides.

She ran to the side of the building and climbed over a fence. She fell to the ground and hit her back. She quickly on all fours and crawled behind some bushes.

She laid there there for like ten minutes. She peak up to make sure the coast was clear and he was. She got up touching her back because it hurt.

"Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have did this shit", she said to herself as she got in the car. She started the car and then she drove off as she  put her her shades on.

——————————————-

Aaliyah went to the store and brought her enough outfits to last her about at least a couple weeks. She drove back to Dre's house and she knocked on the door.

Dre opened it. "You know you left my door unlocked right??", he asked.

"I was coming right back", she said.

"I been here for like three hours", he said.

Aaliyah moves him out the way and walked in with her bags.

"You left my door unlocked to go shopping?", he asked.

Aaliyah put her bags down.

"You know what Dre. I am starting to regret ever doing this job with you", she said.

Dre makes a face.

"I went to get some clothes from my house and guess what??", Aaliyah said. "They were there and I got shot at"

Dre looks at her body. "And you didn't get shot?", he asked.

"No. Actually not the first time I got shot at but still back then I wasn't the target", Aaliyah said.

"I'll handle that for you don't worry... just don't go nowhere else", he said.

"So you want me to stay cooped up in the house?", Aaliyah asked. "No"

"You wanna die?", he asked.

"I wouldn't have to think about dying if you hadn't ask me to do this shit", she said with a fake smile.