Chapter 43

Carmen and Aaliyah met at a restaurant before they went to the mall.

"Me and Keyanna loved this place", Aaliyah said.

Carmen put her food down and changed the subject because she noticed Aaliyah getting sad.

"So...you and Dre", Carmen started to speak. "You guys okay?"

Aaliyah nods. "Yea... we're okay", she said.

"... you still getting that abortion?", Carmen asked.

"I don't know...no. I guess", she said.

"...hey I get you're probably scared about this whole baby thing but-"

Aaliyah cut her off. "Carmen lets just talk about something else", she said.

"Did I say something wrong?", she asked.

"Nah, I just don't wanna talk about that", Aaliyah replied.

"Okay", Carmen said as she sat back. "Let's talk about you dying then"

"What", Aaliyah questioned.

"That guy came to me last night... I think he followed me. He thought it was you", Carmen said. "...he still wants the money and if not he's coming at you and Dre"

Aaliyah began to get up. "I need to talk to Dre", she said.

"I already did and he had no intentions on giving the money up", Carmen said.

"Even after you told him what was going to happen?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", Carmen said. "I gave him until two o'clock to come up with his final decision"

"Yet he wanna talk about keeping somebody safe??", Aaliyah said. "You know what, fuck him"

"The guy want 1 million", Carmen said.

"Meaning all we need is 500,000", Aaliyah said.

"So where is the other half coming from?", Carmen asked.

"Me", Aaliyah said as she grabbed her things. "So basically you didn't really need to go shopping. You just wanted to talk to me about this?"

"Pretty much", Carmen said.

"Okay.. listen, I know two guys that owe me. You talk to one while I talk to the other. I'm about to be on my way to Dre's house and I'll call you with the details on what to do", Aaliyah said. "This is only if Dre don't agree"

Carmen nods.

Aaliyah leaves.

——————————————————

Aaliyah got to Dre's house and he opened the door for you.

"You got some explaining to do", Aaliyah said.

"What the fuck did I do now?", Dre asked.

"Either you want me or you don't and if you want me muthafucka then you supposed to be protecting me!", Aaliyah shouted.

"Carmen told you?", he asked.

"You damn right", Aaliyah said. "I got half, you just need to give him the rest"

"The rest is all I got", Dre said. "If I give him half a million dollars, that's all my money"

"...well want matters to you more? Your unborn child or the money?", Aaliyah said.

Dre sighed. "Liyah, you need money to have a kid", he said. "I'm about to have two, then I got shit I need to pay, then your expensive ass"

Aaliyah folds her arms. "If I give this dude my money, all imma have is 1000 dollars to my name but it don't matter because I rather have my life then money. I've been without money and I promise you that wasn't the worst days of my life"