Chapter 65

Aaliyah got to the station and finally got to speak to Dre.

"So... I'm going to prison", Dre said.

"What the fuck? I thought you had some ties around here", Aaliyah said.

"Yea.. well unfortunately old dude paying everybody", Dre said. "More than me"

Aaliyah was confused. She wanted to say something but couldn't speak.

"Everything is going to be alright", Dre said.

"For how long ? Do you know?", Aaliyah asked.

"I'm not going to say alright", Dre said. "...just... just know that I'm fine with you moving on"

"That long?", Aaliyah asked.

"They got me on a lot of charges", Dre said.

"Okay and bail?", Aaliyah asked.

"I still have to see the judge", Dre said.

Aaliyah looks down. "Did you shoot that guy for real?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre nods. "I um... I was parked outside the hotel. I knew you were alone and I couldn't sleep knowing you could possibly be in danger and I'm glad I did", he said.

Aaliyah nods.

"...I just wanna say that I'm glad I met you... you let me see a lot of things I didn't see before and you didn't even do it intentionally", Dre said.

"Like what?", Aaliyah asked.

"...the fact that I can love someone", he said.

Aaliyah looks at him and smiles a little. "You know...you're saying this like I'll never see you again", she said as she stopped smiling and began to look sad.

"Only if you come to visit", he said.

"I'm going to get you out", Aaliyah said. "I don't care what it takes. I'll get you out. You've done so much for me, and now it's time for me to do the same to you"

Dre leans towards her. "I need you to get out the country baby. I can't.. I can't have anybody finding you", Dre said.

"No", Aaliyah said. "I've been running all my life and I'm done. Time I faced my fears"

Dre looked down. "...and I guess it's time I trust you right?", he asked.

Aaliyah paused for a moment. "Dre?", she said.

"What's up", Dre asked.

"...I know your bail is going to be a lot... and I don't have the money...so...I gotta get it", she said.

"Do you know how long it's going to take you to make that money?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah cleared her throat. "I- I know a way I can make it happen a little faster... I just", Aaliyah paused mid sentence and faked smiled at Dre. "I just need to know if you'd respect every decision I make when it comes to getting the money"

"...is it something that's going to get you killed?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah shook her head. "Hopefully not", she said.

Dre nods. "What is it?", he asked.

"You know me imma hustla. I gotta have Multiple parts of income", she said nervously.

"Seem like something you nervous about", he said

"Just.. just one thing", she said.

"Listen. Ain't no need to do something you don't wanna do, just to get my out of jail", Dre said.

Aaliyah nods as she looked down.

Dre got a little nervous but didn't show. He wanted to know what she was going to do but at the same time he knew it was no changing her mind when she had something in it. So, it was best for him not to know.

"...I love you okay?", Aaliyah said.

"I love you too baby", he said.

Aaliyah grabbed his hand tight.

"...Aaliyah what's wrong with you", he asked.

Aaliyah shook her head as she got up. "Nothing. Let me know when your hearing is", she said.

Dre didn't say anything. He was still wondering what she was going to do.

Aaliyah walked out the station and got in her car. She pulled her phone out and called somebody.

"Hello", the girl said on the other end of the phone.

"Hey, Paula", Aaliyah said. "It's Liyah"

"Light skin, pretty face Liyah?", Paula asked. "Oh my gosh girl. Long time no see"

"I know", Aaliyah said.

"You know big papa been looking for you ever since you left. I don't know what happened to him though. He disappeared about 6 months ago. I think he dead honestly", Paula said. "Good. That bitch was dick"

"Yea", Aaliyah agreed. "He was"

"Yea. But what's up? Why you calling?", Paula said.

"You still...ya know?", Aaliyah asked.

"Giving the fellas pleasure for some money?", Paula asked. "Yes"

"Well... how's business going? I got some shut going On and I need some extra cash", Aaliyah said.

"Oooh girl I can help you. Meet me in the morning at that breakfast place on the corner of Andrews Rd", she said. "Around 9:30"

"Okay", Aaliyah said. "See you then"

"Alright boo. See you then", Paula said.

Aaliyah hung up and put her phone down. "Damn", she said as she started the car and drove to the strip club to get her old job back.

TO BE CONTINUED...