Chapter 30

After Carmen was done with the trade, she got into the car and took Aaliyah back to the hotel.

"How long you plan on staying in the hotel?", Carmen asked.

"Guess I gotta find a place first", Aaliyah said.

Carmen nods. "Let me know if you need me", she said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

"Goodnight. I'll see you in the morning. I have some people you gotta meet", Carmen said.

"Goodnight", Aaliyah said before she got out the car.

Once Aaliyah walked into the hotel, Carmen drove off. Aaliyah walked to the elevator and waited for the elevator to come down. As she waited, she felt somebody come up next to her.

"These elevators take so long", they said.

Aaliyah looked didn't look next to her because she knew it was Dre.

"I'm here to meet somebody. I messed up and now she's mad at me", Dre said. "She came up here, all the way from Georgia and already in some shit with people she probably don't even know...funny thing is... she thought I wouldn't notice her"

Aaliyah sighed.

Dre looked at her reached for her hand.

Aaliyah jerks away.

"Do not touch me", she said.

"Aaliyah I'm sorry", he said.

"...sorry? You pointed a gun at me", she said. "You killed Herbo. You .. you were fucking another girl"

"I didn't kill him and I wasn't going to shoot you", he said. "And I'm sorry I cheated"

"Dre I don't care. I can't do this", Aaliyah said. "I can't be with you"

"Aaliyah I was mad", he said.

"Okay. How do I know next time you get mad that you want kill me?", she asked.

"I honestly couldn't do that", he said.

"You'd do it in a heart beat", She said.

"I could never do that to somebody I love", he said.

Aaliyah looked at him as the elevator door opened.

He was already looking at her. "I think I love you", he said.

"You don't", she said, "you don't. Y'all muthafuckas think y'all can just use that word like it's gonna make a bitch cry for joy but it's not"

"Aaliyah-"

"Since I met you, my life has gotten no better", she said. "Same dude I always end up with and I'm not doing it again"

"I am nothing like them niggas you was with", he said. "They didn't give a damn about you I do"

"If you gave a damn about me you wouldn't be fucking your babymama. You wouldn't have threatened me", she said.

"And it was a mistake iight", he said.

"You know what... Dre I don't want you okay?", Aaliyah said. "You got other business to handle right? Go handle it"

"I was talking about you", Dre said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "Bye", she said as she hit the elevator button again.

"I'm not leaving unless you come back", he said.

"Come back to what? Me getting killed by those dude??", she asked.

"You aren't going to get kill by nobody", he said.

The elevator doors open.

"If you gave a damn about me and how I feel, your leave me alone", she said as she walked in the elevator

Dre put his hand in the door way of the elevator so it won't close.

"If I gave a damn about you, I wouldn't let you walk away from me", he said.

"Dre, it's no loving me alright? Like I told you before, either you will break me heart or I'll will break yours. I'm not some house wife you can come home to and expect to me there, I'm not even girlfriend material. I like to explore and try new things and that's what I did today.. I tried something new, the same nigga you just sold to", she said lying.

Dre starred at her.

"...and I got an abortion", she said lying. "So, don't use the baby to get close to me because it's gone"

Dre put his hand down and the doors began to close.

Aaliyah looks down as Dre still looked at her.

Dre stood there a moment after the doors closed and walked outside. As he walked out he pulled his phone out to call somebody.

———————————————————-

Later that night, Dre was sitting on his car at the same location they did the trade in.

Suddenly a car pulls up and some guys get out.

"We found the girl but she ain't saying nothing about who she work for", he said. "She keeps saying she works for herself"

Dre wanted the guys to bring the guy that Aaliyah said she slept with, but of course she was lying.

"Take her out the car", Dre said.

The guys walked to the car and took Carmen out. They had put a bag over her head and tied her arms up. These guys never saw Aaliyah before by the way.

Dre takes the bag off and his eyes got wide.

"Y'all dumb muthafucka got the wrong girl", he said.

"You did this shit?", Carmen asked. "I gave you all of your fucking money!"

Dre makes a face because he expected her to say something different and she sounded different.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", she asked.

TO BE CONTINUED...