Chapter 69

After visiting Kev, Aaliyah went to meet with the people who she was selling Dre's business to. After that, she went to visit Dre.

"So how much?", he asked.

"Well, because they'll be buying it as is and with the money you already have from profit with the club, I'll be posting your bail tomorrow", she said.

Dre nods. "Good", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "Yep", she said. "So then you'll be on what? 1 year of probation?"

"Pretty much", Dre said. "I wasn't supposed to get anything really. I was supposed to get life but my lawyer.. he's good"

"Well that's good", she said.

Dre studied her. "But enough about me. What's up with you??", Dre asked

Aaliyah tucked her hair behind her ear. "Nothing", she said.

"Come on you can tell me", he said.

"Too embarrassed", she said

"I won't judge", he said.

"...I'm on the edge of being my mom", she said softly.

"How is that?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah was tired for a moment as she held her tears back. "I used it", she said. "And I almost used it again but...a friend stopped me"

"Friend?", he asked.

"Yea... they sell drugs. That's how I made so much money selling yours that time. I watched them do it for years but I added my own twist", she said.

"...this friend a dude?", he asked.

"...my ex...and he's also my childhood friend. The one who...the one who caused me to dislike relationships. To think that they were a waste of time...until I met you of course", she said.

Dre changed the subject. "Do you still wanna use it?", he asked.

"Only when I feel high levels of stress", she said.

"What did you try?", he asked.

"Cocaine", Aaliyah mouthed.

Dre sighed.

"And I regret it", she said. "But at the same time I want more"

"When I get out. I'm going to help you", he said.

"You can't help something that's already broken", Aaliyah said. "I grew up with no guidance, I was raped many times, My mom, best friend and father was murdered, I hate myself and it's causing me not to be able to love the one of the people that's trying", she said. "...I can't have kids and I knew it from the jump but yet got my hopes up when I was pregnant...now I found out that you have one on the way anyways while I'm just left to suffer and watch that"

"Aaliyah. I don't wanna talk about this right now. If I can't hold you and reassure you and make you feel better... we gotta save this convo for tomorrow", he said.

Aaliyah looks down.

"You a rock. My rock. You stay solid even through hard falls. You don't fake your happiness... you just don't give up. I fell in love with you because you're a "boss"... you take control and you don't give up. You stand your ground and I fuck with that. I know sometimes I disagree with you but I still love when you do because it shows me your strength. You are not weak Aaliyah. You're a strong, beautiful woman. You've been through a lot in life and you're still here. Moving day after, day. So, what you fucked up and did something you told yourself you'd never do...you're strong enough to get past it because...you're strong", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "Thank you for the reassurance... thank you", Aaliyah said. "But it's not that simple... I need help and...not from you. From someone else...professional help. Like a therapist or something"

"You really think those things help?", he asked.

"I don't know but it's the first step that counts", she said.

Dre nods.

"... I don't want you to see my ugly side", Aaliyah said. "The side of me not being strong or holding my own. The side where I'm just a poor, broken female"

Dre looked at her.

"Not yet", Aaliyah said.

Dre nods.

Aaliyah's phone began to ring all of a sudden. She took her phone out and looked at who was calling and so did Dre. It was Kev. Aaliyah silenced the ringer put it back in her purse.

"Everything good ?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah nods. "Yea... wrong number", she said as she didn't make eye contact.

Dre nods as he looks at her.

"But I have to go", Aaliyah said. "I need to get ready to sell a business I only owned for line a week"

Dre faked smiled. "Iight", he said.

Aaliyah got up. "I'll see you tomorrow", she said.

"will do", he said.

Aaliyah hung up the phone and walked away as Dre walked before he got up. He knew Aaliyah was in a vulnerable state and he hated. But most of all he just wanted to know who Kev was and why he was calling her. Dre knee he was in the dog house for keeping secrets and he understood that but he didn't want some other guy coming in the picture while she was like that, cause he knew that they might say all the first things and he'd be left alone as usual. Aaliyah had her issues, but so does Dre. One issues was that he never felt good enough, no matter how hard he tried and his own family members proved that to him.

TO BE CONTINUED...