Chapter 37

Aaliyah pulled up to her house and Dre was waiting in his car. Once she got out, Dre got out of his car too.

"Hey", she said.

Dre looks at her hands and they're empty.

Aaliyah looks at where his eyes were looking at. "What?", she asked.

Dre shakes his head. "You didn't get nothing from the store", he said.

"Because I ate it alright", she said. "I wanted something sweet so I got a candy bar"

Dre didn't say anything. He didn't believe her.

"But why are you here? What's up?", he asked.

"Aaliyah where you been?", he asked.

"I went by the store", she said.

Dre chuckles and walks to walk away. "You lying", he said.

"What?", she asked.

Dre stops and turns around. "You're lying", he said with frustration. "I'm not dumb"

Aaliyah get nervous.

"...you seeing somebody else? Is this why you been making me wait? You talking to somebody else?", he asked.

"No", she said softly.

"I get I cheated but if you out here choosing you need to tell me so I can go about my fucking business", he said.

"I'm just talking to you Dre", Aaliyah said.

"So imma ask you this one more time...where did you go?", he asked.

"The store", she said.

Dre shakes his head. "Open the door. I wanna get my shit", he said.

"Dre-"

"Open the fucking door!", he said shouted

Aaliyah got quiet. She didn't want him to go in because she knew Ace was going to be on the over side. So, she just stood there.

"Aaliyah I'm not joking", he said.

"Dre I get it. You feel like you fucked up and you think I'm going to do something to get back at you but I'm not", she said.

"Aaliyah I don't wanna hear that shit man. Just let me go get my shit", he said.

Aaliyah sighed and began to walk to her door. She took her keys out and she started to cry. When she unlocked the door she stepped back.

Dre looked at her and made a face then walked in.

Ace was behind the door and he hit Dre in the head with a pistol while he wasn't looking. And Dre fell to the ground and Ace punched to knock him out.

Aaliyah gasped.

"Ain't mister big baller na huh?", Ace said.

What the fuck!?", she said.

"Hey. I can't kill him until I get the info", he said.

"Kill? Who said something about killing??", she asked. "I was just supposed to give you the money and you leave the fucking city"

"It don't work like that baby", Ace said.

"You can't kill him Ace", Aaliyah said.

"Oh I'm sorry. Was that an order?", he asked.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"I didn't think so", he said. "Now help me pick his ass up and put him in the car. We gone take him for a ride"