Chapter 81

Later on that day, Aaliyah was talking on her phone with a coworker from work.

Aaliyah begins laughing. "Exactly. I said the same thing!", Aaliyah said.

"I just don't understand these customer nowadays", Shayla said.

"Me neither", Aaliyah said as Dre walked into the room to look for something.

"Are you still coming to my home warming?", Shayla said.

"Yes, I'm coming", Aaliyah said.

Dre looks at her.

"Great. But other than that I have to go fix dinner for the kids", Shayla said.

"...hopefully one day I can do that", Aaliyah said.

"Your dad will come sooner than you think", Shayla said. "Remember what I said. Positivity and minimal stress"

"Of course", Aaliyah said.

Shayla and Aaliyah have gotten to know each other for this past month and Shayla was in the same boat as Aaliyah. She was told she could carry children but she didn't let that stop her. So, basically Aaliyah told her about she's going through the same and that she was also pregnant again as of this moment. She was getting advice from Shayla. She didn't know if she should tell Dre yet because she didn't wanna get his or her hopes up.

"Talk to you later", Shayla said.

"Talk to you later", Aaliyah replied before she hung up.

"Who was that and where you going?", Dre asked.

"My coworker..she's having a house warming", Aaliyah said.

"Oh", Dre replied.

"You wanna come?", Aaliyah asked.

"What day?", he asked.

"Day after tomorrow", Aaliyah said. "At 3"

Dre thought you himself. "...nah, I have something planned", he said.

Aaliyah's tone of voice went down. "Oh", she said disappointedly. "Like what?"

"Something very important", Dre said.

"More important than me showing up alone?", Aaliyah asked.

"...I mean I don't mind going Aaliyah...just didn't wanna cause too much attention", Dre said. "I kinda don't have a good name out here"

"Listen...I wouldn't be with you if I cared about that alright. You're trying to change anyways so who cares", Aaliyah said.

"...what is it that you wanted to tell me earlier?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah was quiet for a moment. "Dre I-"

Aaliyah stops talking because someone was at the door.

"I'll get that", Dre said as he got up and walked out the room.

Aaliyah looks down.

Dre walks to the door and looks through the peak hole and it's a girl standing there. He opens the door and sees Andre with her. He looks back at the girl and she begins talking.