Chapter 48

The next night, Dre went to see Carmen. It was time for her to let him take over things, so he went to get information on the guys that did.

"This shit would've been done, if you would've told me in the place", Dre said.

"Dre I almost had them", Carmen said.

"But you didn't so...", Dre said.

Carmen rolls her eyes. "I don't see how Aaliyah even puts up with you", Carmen said.

"Don't talk a about her right now", he said.

He didn't want Carmen to say Aaliyah's name because it got him unfocused.

Dre began loading his gun.

"You only taking one gun? And you're going by yourself?", Carmen asked.

"When I shoot I kill. I don't waste my bullets. And I'm not going alone", he said. "I'll be at using you"

"Me? What? Since it's my fault, it doesn't matter if I die or not??", she asked.

"You're not going to die", Dre said. "Trust me"

"Why could I?", Carmen said. "I barely know you"

"...your sister did", Dre said. "And you have her face so..."

"But what if I didn't have her face?", Carmen asked.

"You're still her sister and regardless it you weren't.. I still try to keep my promises", Dre said. "Aaliyah had lost enough this year, I don't want her to loose anything else"

Carmen looked down.

"Besides.. you helped me from getting killed by Ace and now I'm repaying my favor of handling these guys for you", Dre said.

Carmen looked at him. "Thank you", she said.

Dre nods and begins to walk to the door. "I got your vest in the car", he said. "I'll be outside whenever you're ready"

Carmen stood there for a second looking at him as he walked out and thought to herself.

Dre got in the car and got on his phone. He went to his voicemail and listened the voicemail Aaliyah left while she was getting shot. It was the only way he could hear her voice again but it made him angry because of the shots at the end and her breathing like it was her last breath.

Dre saw Carmen walking outside and put the phone down and started the car and acted as if he was fine.
——————————————

While Dre and Carmen were out handing the people that shot Aaliyah. Jay was with Aaliyah in her hospital room.

Jay was laying on the couch, on his phone.

Aaliyah began to slowly open her eyes and looked around. She saw her IV in her arm and began to panic and pulled it out.

Jay sat up. "Aaliyah?", Jay said.

Aaliyah got out of the bed and quickly felt a pain for being shot and from the surgery.

Jay quickly got up and went to her. "Aaliyah isn't okay you're in the hospital", he said.

Aaliyah pushes his hands away from her. "Don't touch me! Get away from me!", she shouted.

Jay made a face. "Aaliyah? What's wrong? What did I do?", he asked.

"I don't know you", she said.

"Im.. I'm your brother. Jay", he said.

"How many times do I have to say that I don't know you? And my name isn't Aaliyah", she said.

"So..what's your name?", Jay asked.