Chapter 59

The next day, Aaliyah had just came into the house from the store. As she sat the bags down in the kitchen she heard glass break and Dre's voice.

"Damn!", Dre shouted.

After Aaliyah put the bags down, she quickly went down the hall. As she walked to the room she sat a vase on the floor. When she walked all the way in the room she saw Dre pacing back and forth.

"What happened", Aaliyah asked.

"I don't wanna talk right now", he quickly answered.

"But-"

Dre got into Aaliyah's face. "I said, I don't wanna talk", he said in a stern voice.

Aaliyah starred at him.

"Go stretch or whatever you be doing", he said as he walked to the bed.

Aaliyah facial expression grew angry as he sat on the bed.

Dre looked at her like she was stupid. "What?", he asked.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "I'm leaving", she said.

"Bye. I'm tired of you threatening me", he said.

Aaliyah walked to the closet and grabbed her suitcase. "Well it's a good thing I never unpacked. Just throw away my dirty clothes", she said.

Dre looked up at her.

Aaliyah began to walk out the room and Dre got up and grabbed her arm. "Stay", he said.

Aaliyah jerks away from him. "I'm tired of this shit! You don't tell me shit Dre. I have to find out myself every time and most times when it's too late", she said.

Dre looks to the side.

"Do you trust me or not? Because if you don't, you don't love me", she said.

Dre looks at her. "If I tell you then... then you'll leave me", he said.

"What? You got some bitch pregnant?", She asked.

"No... I- I'm broke", he said.

"Broke?", she asked.

"I can't put all my money in the bank. If I do, it'll throw up red flags..so I had it locked up somewhere that nobody knows... but I guess those dudes knew because now my shit is gone. All of it", he said.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"And you aren't saying shit", he said as he walked back to the bed and sat down.

"I mean don't get me wrong. I do prefer guys with money but...it once was a time when I slept outside because I didn't have anywhere to lay my head...the only thing on my mind was that I was alone and scared", she said. "...so I don't care about money because I have you"

Dre didn't say anything. "...I don't mind going with you plan that you were talking about yesterday...just let me know what it is first", he said

"Well...we don't have to use my friend if you don't want to.. well he's not my friend but...you know what I mean. But, he can put us in secret protection", Aaliyah said.

"No I'm not doing that", Dre said.

"But you're finding now", Aaliyah replied.

"If..I didn't have you and if you didn't get into this shit by killin those boys then I'll be back home. I'm only here because I need to protect you", Dre said.

"...as of right now.. I mean like I'm here. Nothing's happening", she said. "I think I'll be fine if you go back"

"No. I don't trust it", he said.