Chapter 15

A few days later was Keyanna's wedding. Aaliyah didn't wanna go because she was scared of what may happen. She didn't know if these guys would show up. She just hoped they wouldn't.

She decided not to have a funeral for her mom but instead cremate her. She thought it would be best not to have a ceremony because it would be dangerous and she didn't really have anybody to invite. She didn't know her family members.

Aaliyah was in the bathroom fixing her hair once Dre walked in the doorway.

"You think you cute?", he asked

"Nah. But I'll even better when I get my makeup done", she said.

"I'm surprised she didn't have one our those bachelorette parties", he said.

"They agreed not to do", she said. "But I know if I was to get married I'm having me one regardless fuck that", she said.

"What happened to I don't do marriage ", he said mocking her.

"I don't sound like that first. And second I made a deal with Keyanna that I'll start dating at like 25 while I'm still young and pretty" she said. "So who knows what may happen"

Dre nods. "It don't matter whether you're still pretty. If the personality and that certain attitude ain't there then looks mean nothing"

Aaliyah looks at him.

"I'm just saying maybe you need to work on your first and stop being so uptight", he said. "Like nothing in the world hurts you or like you aren't scared of nothing. Me? I see right through it so I don't trip but other guys done think you a bitch"

"I'm not changing the way I act. Just they don't like it so be it", she said. "I gotta go. I'm supposed to meet this guy before the wedding"

"Who?", Dre asked.

"Are you jealous or something?? You been in my business a lot lately", Aaliyah said. 

"You staying in my house", he said. "I should know the type of people you be around"

"Then I'll get my shit and leave". She said.

"Leave and they'll find you", Dre said.

"Why do you care??", Aaliyah said.

Dre was quiet as he looked at her.

"Exactly so shut up", Aaliyah said. 

"If you wanna go, get the fuck out then", Dre said. 

"I will", Aaliyah said. "Don't worry I'll be out yo house when I get back"

"Cool", he said.

"Bastard", she said as she bumped him she walked past him.

Dre grabbed her arm put her against the wall and looked at her.

Aaliyah starred at him and noticed the look he had in his eyes. He didn't really want her to leave. She knew he was just saying it because he don't like to beg for things. No guy does.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

"You better be here when the wedding is over and you better stay here", he demanded.

"Or what?", Aaliyah said.

"Just come back iight. Stop being dumb", he said as he let go in a less demanding tone.

Aaliyah looked at him. "You know everybody is saying that you got this soft spot for me. At first I didn't believe but I don't know now. Do you?", she asked.

"I don't have a soft spot for you, or anybody else for that matter", he said.

"...everybody got a soft spot for somebody", she said.