Chapter 20

Later that day, they finished helping Aaliyah unpack. Everybody went out for dinner afterward for Mexican. Everybody as in Aaliyah, Dre, Jay, Keyanna, and DaQuan. Everybody was talking in laughing and joking around except for Dre. Well, he would chuckle every now and then but he didn't say much. He just ate. Keyanna was the only one who noticed it.

"Listen, it was either I jumped over that fence or get shot", Aaliyah said. "And honey I got a life to live. I'm not done having fun yet"

"I mean you about to be a mom so... I guess that fun is over", Dre said calmly.

Aaliyah looks at Dre. "That doesn't mean my fun stops", she said.

Everybody stops smiling and looks at them.

"I mean I won't do some of the shit I've done, but I'm going to still have fun", Aaliyah said.

Dre makes a face showing that he agreed that she had a point. "You got a point, but it's fun to a certain extent"

Keyanna begins to change the subject. "Fun or no fun. Congratulations. A baby is a  wonderful and special gift", Keyanna said to both of them.

"and fun or no fun, my daughter or son is going to be raised right regardless", Aaliyah said looking at Dre.

Dre looks at everybody else. "Did I say they weren't?", he asked.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"Did I?", Dre asked. "No, I did not", he said as he sat back and looked at Aaliyah.

"Yall, chill", Jay said. 

"I'm good. Liyah, you good?", Dre asked looking at Aaliyah.

"I'm fine. I just wanna make sure you know what's up", she said.

Dre shakes his head and chuckles. "Okay", he said. 

"I don't care if you mad either", Aaliyah said. "Don't tell me what the fuck to do when it comes to my child"

"Your child? Well I didn't know females could just magically get pregnant", Dre said. "Or are you saying that because it isn't mine"

Aaliyah grabs her purse. "I'm leaving", she said as she got up and walked away.

"Bruh what is your problem?", Keyanna asked.

"Bae stop. ", DaQuan said.

"No, DaQuan. He was wrong", Keyannna said. 

"You better listen to your husband, sweetheart", Dre said as he got up and tossed a hundred dollar bill on the table. "That's for the bill, keep the change"

Dre walked out.

"Well... that was better than I thought was going to happen", Jay said.

"You just gone let him say that to your sister?", Keyanna said.

"Say what? Listen, whatever they got going on is their business. He didn't put his hands on her or call her out her name so... " Jay said. 

"Okay but -", 

"Keyanna right?", Jay asked.

"Yea", she said.

"Aaliyah and Dre argue. They butt heads. Why? Because they act just alike. They like stuff to go their way. They don't like being told what to do. That's just them", he said. 

"So what are they exactly?", she asked. "Are they even together?"

"No", Jay said.

"They act like it", Keyanna said. "I never saw Aaliyah get mad over what a guy says, not in a long time"