Chapter 63

Aaliyah got to Jay's house and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Jay opened the door.

"Where's Dre?", Aaliyah asked.

"Bathroom", Jay replied.

Aaliyah pulled Jay's arm for him to come outside. "Come here", she said.

Jay walked outside and shut the door. "What?", he asked.

"Why did you tell Dre?", Aaliyah asked.

"Because", Jay replied.

"You know what I don't even care. I got a question. You and Dre are pretty close right?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea I guess", Jay said. "Why?"

"He hasn't talked about taking a huge step in his life of some sort right?", Aaliyah asked.

Jay gets a little nervous. "I mean like.. the only thing I can get of was that he was going to stop dealing", he said.

"That's it? Nothing about me?", Aaliyah asked as she saw somebody look out the blinds. "Shh", she said.

Dre opened the door.

"Hey", she said.

"What's up", Dre said. "Ay Jay yo phone ringing"

Jay walked into the house.

Dre walked outside and shut the door. "See you got your hair done", he said.

"Yea", Aaliyah said. "See you got your haircut"

Dre nods.

Aaliyah looks down.

"You think you a killa now?", Dre asked in a joking way.

Aaliyah chuckles as she looks at him.

But all jokes aside Aaliyah. You could've gotten yourself killed", Dre said.

"I didn't come here for an argument iight", Aaliyah said.

Dre rolled his eyes.

"I just wanted to help alright", Aaliyah said. "You've always kept me held up in the house like I'm some child. Like I can defend myself"

"I do that to protect you", Dre said.

"So I can end up on my death bed again?", Aaliyah shouted.

Dre got quiet.

Aaliyah calms down and sighs. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, it like that", Aaliyah said.

"Nah fuck it Liyah. Imma give you want you want", Dre said. "Do whatever the fuck you wanna do. Be careless and dangerous"

Aaliyah shakes her head and looks away. "I'm leaving", she said as she began to walk to her car.

"Of course. That's what you do in every fucking argument. Matter a fact this ain't even an argument, this is me trying to talk some sense into yo ass", Dre said.

Aaliyah stopped and turned around. "Talk some sense into me? Yet, you're killing people and do illegal shit for a living?", she asked.

"Didn't I say imma stop that shit", Dre asked.

"Dre...I don't even care anymore alright. I just.. I'm going to get some sleep", Aaliyah said as she turned back around and walked to her car.

"You do this shit all the time and expect me to put up with it?", Dre asked.

"Do what?", Aaliyah asked.

"Stuck in your ways. Don't wanna listen. If it ain't your way it's the highway. You never wanna hear me out but then wanna get mad if I go fuck some hoe", Dre said.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"Us being in Hawaii together..the shit was peaceful..it was like you were a whole new person. Now we back here and you acting the same as usual", Dre said.

Aaliyah opens her car door. "Goodbye", Aaliyah said.

"Fuck this shit dawg", Dre said as he walked back into Jay's house.

Aaliyah got in her car and drove off.

Dre walks into Jay's house and Jay could tell he was mad.

"What now?", Jay asked.

"Yo sister is just.. I'm sorry but I can't stand her attitude!", Dre said. "I don't know what the fuck I was thinking about some marriage shit. I can't do that"

"You were thinking it because of the way you feel about her bruh", Jay said.

"...one minute she looks at me like I'm the best guy she ever met... and now it's just like... I ain't shit", Dre said. "We were doing good"

Jay thought about what Aaliyah was asking him when they were outside and how nervous she looked. "...you know Aaliyah man. She gets in her thoughts and her mood just go crazy", Jay said.

Dre looks down. "I um... I kinda hinted to her of the fact that I wanted to marry her...but she didn't hear me, the phone call didn't have good connection or something. Whatever she said...but what if she heard me and she just didn't want that", Dre said.

"...you won't know until you ask but personally. I think you rushing it. Give it a little while longer", Jay said.

"...I'm just not going to ask her at all", Dre said as he sat down. "She ain't...she ain't gonna say yea anyway so I don't even know what I was thinking"

Jay was quiet.

"You didn't tell me your dad died man", Dre said.

"...yea.. he did and the funeral is tomorrow so I'm going to get some rest", Jay said.

Dre nods. "I'm sorry for your lost", he said.

Jay nods as he gets up. "Goodnight bruh", Jay said.

"Goodnight", Dre said as he left.

Jay locked the door and walked to his room.

TO BE CONTINUED....