Chapter 85

***SORRY FOR THE BIG LEAP IN ADVANCE AND THE SHORT CHAPTER***

It's been a year since Dre and Aaliyah got engaged and it's been 5 months since Aaliyah gave birth to a baby girl named Jada. Dre has been more open with his feelings and thoughts while Aaliyah has been less insecure and more open as well. Today, was there wedding day.

"Dre makes me sick", Aaliyah said. "I told him I wanted to lose weight first then get married. Not still have baby weight in my wedding pictures"

Carmen smiles. "Aaliyah, baby weight or not. You guys are getting married. You should be happy", she said.

"I am...way more ready than I was one year ago, but I at least wanted to look good for the pictures", Aaliyah said.

"You're always going to look good girl", Carmen said.

Aaliyah sighs. "I guess", she said. "Just zip my dress up"

Carmen stood up and zipped Aaliyah's dress up. "You're beautiful", she said as Aaliyah was looking on the mirror. "Dad would be so proud to see this"

Aaliyah smiled. "You know...it was a miracle that I even had Jada though..so I guess I couldn't be complaining about my weight", she said.

"It's not like it's a big difference anyway", Carmen said. "You still bad"

"Thanks Carmen", Aaliyah said. "I honestly don't know what I'd do without your motivational speeches"

Carmen smiles.

—————————————

Dre and Jay were in another room talking.

Dre was putting on his tie. "Ya know...out of everybody in our little circle. You were always the only person I could count on", he said.

"Vice versa", Jay said.

"...but I am glad I got outta that shit and calmed down", Dre said.

"It's not like you had a choice. Ole boy took all ya shit", Jay said with smile.

"Ha ha. Very funny", Dre said.

"I just can't believe you're getting married", Jay said.

"And to think you didn't think I'd treat your sister right", Dre said as he looked at Jay.

"Well... you didn't at first", Jay said. "You got the hang up it later"

"Mmm", Dre said "got a point"

"But I'm proud of you", Jay said. "In about an hour I'll be calling you my brother in law"

Dre looks at his watch.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in", Dre said.

Jay's sister walks in and Jay could tell by the look on her face that something was wrong.

Jay quickly stood up. "What's wrong??", Jay asked.

She sniffed with tears following down her face.

"What happened?", Jay asked again.

"I- I- ", she looked up at Dre. " I am so sorry"

Dre made a face as he tried to keep himself from worrying because he didn't understand why she was saying that to him.

She looked at Jay. "Mom let- let me hold Jada and while I was holding her I went outside to get my- my phone-"

Dre cut her off. "Where's Jada?", Dre asked.

She jumped and looked at him. She could tell he was mad.

Jay put his hand up toward Dre. "Let her finish. Jada is probably back with my mom", Jay said. "Calm down"

Dre loosen up. "I wasn't trying to yell at her", he said.

"What happened?", Jay said as he looked back at his sister.

"...Somebody took Jada", she said.

Dre's eyes got wide.

TO BE CONTINUED IN HUSTLA: BOOK 2