Chapter 44

The next day was Keyanna's funeral. Aaliyah and Dre were getting ready at the moment.

"Do you know how to tie a tie?", he asked.

"Actually, I do", she said as she looked him up and down. "You look pretty handsome"

Dre had on all black. Black dress shoes, dress pants and shirt,

"Appreciate it", he said as he handed her the tie.

Aaliyah began tying his tie. "I guess you don't dress up much"

"I do. Just that I usually have a female to help me", he said.

Aaliyah got quiet.

"I just thought about something. Have we ever even been on a date?", he asked.

"...no", Aaliyah replied.

"We should do that one day. Movie? Dinner?", he said.

Aaliyah finished his tie and sat on the edge of the bed.

"You okay?", he asked and leaned over.

"Yea. I'm fine. Why?", she asked as she looked up at him.

"...nothing", he said.

"I'm ready when you are", she said as she stood up.

"What?? Ready already? No makeup? No whatever else you be doing?", he asked.

Aaliyah shook her head. "I'm going to bury my friend today", she said. "No need to look all pretty right?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre nods.

Aaliyah began to walk out the room.

"Aaliyah...I'm here when you need me", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "Let's go. I don't wanna be late", she said.

Dre follows her.

________________________

All of Keyanna's family and friends were there. None of them, who knew Aaliyah, even spoke to her. They just gave her looks throughout the whole service.

Carmen walks to Aaliyah. "I guess her family isn't too friendly", Carmen said. "You do not wanna know what one of them said to me"

"What did they say?", Aaliyah asked.

Carmen shook her head.

"You can tell me", Aaliyah said.

"I rather not", Carmen said as she drank from her small bottle of alcohol that she got out her purse. "I hate to drink at a funeral but this is the only thing keeping me sane"

Aaliyah shook her head. She looked at a distance and saw her ex from high school. By the time she saw him he had looked away. She was in such shock that she kept starring.

Dre looked at Aaliyah then at what she was looking at. He couldn't tell who though.

Aaliyah saw a woman and a little come to him. He picked the little and kissed her cheek. Aaliyah's face went from normal to a frown.

"Aaliyah you okay?", Carmen asked.

Aaliyah stopping looking at him and looked at Carmen. "I'm fine", she said as she smiled a little.

Dre realized who she was looking at and changed the subject, "Y'all ready?", Dre asked.

"...Yea", Aaliyah said.

The 3 of them began to walk to Dre's car and Aaliyah started to walk slower. Dre looked back at her and so did Carmen. Aaliyah looked down and blood was running down her leg.