Chapter 29

Later than night, Aaliyah was getting dressed. She went to the mall and brought clothes since she left all of hers in Georgia. She got a call from Keyanna and she started not to answer but she did anyway.

"Hello", Aaliyah said.

"You okay", Keyanna asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?", Aaliyah asked.

"Well because Dre came here asking for you", Keyanna said. "Now I'm looking at your location and you're in New York??"

Aaliyah sighed. "You didn't tell him that right?", Aaliyah asked.

"No. But why didn't you tell me?", Keyanna asked.

"It was just something in the moment," Aaliyah said. " I was going to call but I got busy with something?"

"Why are you up there??", Keyanna asked.

"I just needed a change", Aaliyah said. "Too much is going on for me"

"Im here if you wanna talk Aaliyah", Keyanna said.

Aaliyah gets a text so she moves her phone from her ear and looks it. It was Carmen saying she was outside. Aaliyah put the phone back on her ear. "Keyanna I'll tell you everything later. I have to go", she said.

Keyanna sigh. "Okay", she said.

"Bye", Aaliyah said.

"Bye", Keyanna said. "And be safe out there by yourself. Remember you're pregnant"

"Okay mom", Aaliyah said sarcastically. 

Keyanna chuckles. "Seriously", Keyanna said.

"Bye Key", Aaliyah said.

"Bye"

Aaliyah hung up and grabbed her things and walked out of the hotel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carman pulled up to the middle of nowhere. There were trucks and guys already outside.

Carman gave Aaliyah some sunglasses. "Here", she said. "Don't take them off"

Aaliyah took the sunglasses and put them on. Carmen put hers on too. "Just follow my lead", Carmen said.

"What are the sunglasses for?", Aaliyah asked.

"I know. Honestly, my cousin always told me to put them on. I never knew why I just did. But he always had a reason for things.. so I continue to do it. Put the hood on the too"

"ok", Aaliyah said as she put her hood on.

They got out of the car and walked to everybody. Aaliyah was looking at her phone as they walked up to turn the volume down.

"You mean to tell me we been watching for some fucking females??", a guy asked.

That voice was familiar to Aaliyah so she looked up and it was Dre. 

"Females that are giving you the money for your business, handsome", Carmen said.

Carmen had a heavy New York accent so she didn't sound like Aaliyah.

"Well, you should've done this shit yesterday like you were supposed to. I got other business to fucking handle", he said. 

Carmen grabs her sunglasses.

"No!", Aaliyah said as she stopped her. "He always had his reasons". She was referring to the reason why her cousin always told Carmen to put the sunglasses on.

Dre makes face because of Aaliyah's voice.

Aaliyah clears her throat because she realized Dre's facial expression so she looked down. 

Carmen looks at Aaliyah then Dre. "Let me tell you something", She said as she walked to him

"Hey", Aaliyah spoke in a different voice. She knew that if Carmen was anything like her then she was going to say something that he wouldn't like. She could tell Dre was mad so she didn't want him to do anything to her. So, she changed the subject. "We ain't here to argue. We about business. We got money to spend and shit to do."

Dre looked at Aaliyah and walked to her. "See you need to be more like her", he said to Carmen. "Knows how to get straight to business. Reminds me of a very special woman in life"

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

Dre walks around her and studies her. "If my heart aint belong to her, I'd scoop you up"

"Heart? Special? Nigga you cheated!", Aaliyah thought to herself. 

"Heart? Niggas like you actually love people?", Carmen said. 

Dre was quiet for a moment as he stood in front of Aaliyah trying to see her eyes through the glasses. He couldn't, so he walked to the truck. "Where the money?", Dre asked.

Carmen get a suitcase from one of the guys. "Here", she said.

Dre puts his hand out.

Carmen gives him the money.

Dre opens the suitcase and the money looked about right to him.

"You better hope this the right amount of cash or I will be back", Dre said.

"I would never steer a handsome guy like you wrong", Carmen said sarcastically.

Dre rolled his eyes and walked to his car.

"Get some pussy and maybe you could cheer up son", Carmen said.

"Carmen that's enough", Aaliyah whispered. 

"Fuck him. He's rude", Carmen whispered to Aaliyah.

"Get the drugs and come on", Aaliyah said.

 Carmen walked to the guys to make sure that the drugs get transported into her trunk correctly. 

Aaliyah beings to walk to Carmen's car and looks at the corner of her eye at Dre. Dre was looking at her so she stopped looking. Dre looked at her phone hanging out of her jacket pocket. Aaliyah noticed that he pulled his phone out and she took her phone out of her pocket and faced the screen toward her thigh. He was calling her. She got into the car that had tinted window and sighed of relief. She took the glasses off and her hood off and laid her head on the back on the seat.

TO BE CONTINUED...