Chapter 13

The next night Aaliyah brought Herbo, Jay, and D Patt to her apartment so they could hide when she got back.

Herbo was loading his gun while he was talking to D Patt. While Aaliyah was in the mirror fixing up her hair, Jay walked to her. He and she never really talked.

"Hey, Liyah let me ask you a question", he said.

"okay", she said

"What's your last name?", he asked.

"Why?", she asked.

"Is it Johnson?", he asked.

"Yea.. why?", she asked.

"Do you know - ",

Suddenly Aaliyah got a text message and she reads it. "Um he actually came here", she said.

"I thought he didn't know where you lived", Herbo said.

"I thought he didn't", she said.

They guys look at each other.

"You might wanna hide", Jay said as he grabbed his gun.

Aaliyah's eyes got wide and her heart was beating fast. She walked to her room and got into the closet. Suddenly, she heard shooting. She closed her eyes because she hoped the shooting wouldn't get any closer or they wouldn't come after her next. After a while, the shooting stopped. Aaliyah didn't even wanna move. She would've slept there if she had to. Suddenly she heard footsteps coming her way. She was nervous because she didn't know who it was. "Liyah", a familiar voice said. It should like Jay.

Aaliyah slowly opens the door.

Jay wasn't smiling, he wasn't made either. He looked a little down as if something just happened that he didn't want to.

"Did yall get him?", she asked.

"Yea we got him so you'll be getting your money...but um... something happened", he said.

Aaliyah stood up. "What???", she asked.

Jay cleared his throat. "Do you know who Clarence Johnson is?", he asked.

"I don't know him but ... that's my dad's name", she said.

"So is mine", he said.

Aaliyah made a face. She was confused.

"And um... I don't how and or when but... Your um mom came in the hallway and um she got shot.", he said.

Aaliyah slowly walked out of the closet with a shocked look on her face. She couldn't speak.

" Multiple times... I didn't see her until everything was over", he said

Aaliyah walked out of the apartment and into the hallway and saw three dead bodies. One of them being Keem and the other two she didn't know. She walked down further and saw her mom laying on the floor dead.

Aaliyah dropped down to her knees and started crying. "Mom?", she said knowing her mom couldn't respond. Aaliyah grabbed her shirt and cried into her mom's chest. "I forgive you.", she said as she picked her head up and tucked her hair behind her ears to get it out of her face. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner enough", she said crying.

The guys watched her. They felt bad.

"I'm sorry", Herbo said.

Aaliyah looked at him

"I didn't do it, they did when they came in. But I'm sorry for your loss", he said.

Aaliyah nods as she wipes her tears. "I just wanna be alone", she said.