Chapter 8

The next morning Aaliyah woke up rubbing her eyes. She got out the bed and looked around for her shoes and realized she probably didn't have any on when she got there.

She walked out of the room and downstairs and looked around. She didn't see anybody. Suddenly the door opened and Dre walked in and Aaliyah jumped.

"You must be in here doing something you ain't suppose to", he said.

"I just woke up", she said. "You just startled me"

"Mmm", he said as he shut the door behind him.

"Can you take me to my apartment?", she asked.

"...sure", he said.

"I need to get to the store and get a new phone", she said.

"I wouldn't get in your car if I were you", he said.

"Why?", she asked.

"somebody was doing something to it. I wouldn't trust messing with it", he said.

Aaliyah sighed.

"What did you do?", he asked.

"None of your busy, just take me somewhere so I can meet my friend", Aaliyah said.

"I do got a right to know the person I got in my house right now. Most people don't come here", he said.

"You ain't have to bring me here in the first damn place", she said.

"You're right maybe I should've just ignored the fucking phone conversation like I was going to do at first. But instead, I was late to a meeting because I had to deal with whatever you got going on", he said.

"That nobody asked you to do", she said.

"You know what I ain't finna put up with this shit. If you don't want my fucking help, don't fucking call me next time", he said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "I'm leaving", she said as she walked to the door.

"You don't even have on shoes", he said.

"I can still walk", she said as she walked out.

Dre rolled his eyes and walked to the kitchen and got a water bottle. He put the bottle on the counter and thought to himself.

—————————————————————-

Aaliyah was walking down the sidewalk when suddenly a car was driving slowly beside her. She looked over and rolled her eyes as she looked back ahead. "What?", she asked.

"Get in the car", Dre said.

"No", she said.

"Do you even know where you at?", he asked.

"No but I'll find out where I need to go", she said.

"Girl if you don't get yo ass in the car", He said in a nonchalant way as he stopped the car

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and got in the car. "You know I don't know what's worst. I'm without a car or a phone. My friend has probably been calling me. Can I use your phone?"

"Nah. I don't like just anybody having my number", he said.

"So how am I supposed to tell her to meet me somewhere", she said.