Chapter 79

The next day Aaliyah woke up at around 12 o'clock. Dre wasn't next to here but she just assumed he was downstairs so she didn't pay it any mind. She picked her phone up and and saw that she had some notifications. One notification was a message from Kevin.

MESSAGE : KEVIN- Hey, you made it home okay?

Aaliyah forgot that she even saw Kevin last night for a quick second. She began to text him back but Dre came into the room.

"Get up", Dre said.

Aaliyah made a face.

Dre made a face back, mocking her.

"Why?", she asked.

"Because we need to talk", he said.

Aaliyah put her phone down and folded her arms. "Talk about what?", she asked.

"About you. You think that stripping shit cute?", he asked.

"You paying my bills?", she asked. "Cause right now I'm even paying the bills for this house"

"I'm handling my shit", he said.

"Not fast enough", she said as she got out.

"You got a problem? If so you can get the fuck out", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at him.

"You know stuff is hard for me right now. I'm trying to get situated but if you gonna complain then go", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked down and sighed. "I know. I'm sorry", she said as she stood up. "It's just that a lot has been going on"

Dre didn't say anything. He was just surprised to hear Aaliyah agree with him for once and not walk out on the conversation.

Aaliyah looks at him. "What do you wanna talk about?", she asked.

Dre was quiet for a moment as he sat down. "I um... I was looking into a business, right? But I was thinking about including you so I wanted your input", he said.

"You want my input?", she asked. "That's different"

"Lately I have been letting you make the decisions", he said.

"Yet, I can't get some extra money stripping?", she asked.

"Do you hear yourself?", Dre asked.

"Aren't you the same guy that said he respected my hustle when I told him I was a stripper", she asked.

"That's when you wasn't mine", he said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "What kind of business?", she asked?

"I don't know. Something we both enjoy", he said.

"Well one thing that I know for sure that we both enjoy, you said you weren't doing anymore", she said.

"Well anything but weed and that's actually going to have money coming in", he said.

"....I don't know yet", she said.

"What is something that you always wanted to do. I mean like when you were young, you had dreams right?", he asked.

"...no", she replied.

"So, it was nothing you every wanted to be when growing up?", he asked.

"Dre, no okay?", she said as she looked down then back up at him. "How about you?"

"Well, I always wanted to be a firefighter or a police officer in Elementary school", he said.

"Shocker", she said.

"Yea...", he said.

"... as I got older, I wanted to be an advocate for those have been though the same experience as me. I wanna stop think everything they can be and more...I just need to believe that I can be everything and more for myself first", she said.

Dre was quiet for moment. "...I think you know you can be everything and more, you're just scared", he said.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

"You're scared to step out your comfort zone", he said. "You wanna feel like your superior and you don't wanna fail. But failing and coming back from that is what makes you superior"

Aaliyah looks down.

"You May have things to work on for yourself but you will be able to do that one day and I'm going to make that happen", he said.

Aaliyah looked at him. "...what do you wanna do?", she asked.

"What I do best I guess. Buy a chain and run that", he said.

Aaliyah nods.

"I'm just a business man... but you are something mor", he said.

"Thank you", Aaliyah replied.

Dre sat down next to her.

"And stripping wasn't the best thing to do and I'm sorry for not listening to how you felt about me doing that", she said. "That's just the only thing I was familiar with and knew how to work my way around it"

Dre nods.

"Do I like doing? No...never did honestly but it brought the money and it was better than having to answer to a guy all the time", she said.

"No need to explain ... I just don't want you to continue honestly", he said.

"...so quit?", she asked.

Dre nods. "That would Be nice", he asked.

Aaliyah sighed. "...okay", she said.

"Thank you", he said.

Aaliyah nods.

"So this brings me to my next question", he said. "You got some energy?"

"What you mean?", she asked.

"You know... for some lovin", he said.

Aaliyah chuckled.

"It's been a min", he said.

"Yea, I got some energy", she said with a smile.

"That's what's up", he said he leaned in and began kissing her neck and laying her down in the bed.

Aaliyah giggles and lets out a slight moan.

TO BE CONTINUED....