Chapter 68

The next day, Aaliyah walked into the kitchen that afternoon to get a water bottle. As she did that, she got a call on her cell. It was Dre.

Aaliyah answered the call and said yes to the call.

"Liyah", Dre said frustration.

"Before you start I was busy last night", Aaliyah said "I did just become a club owner"

"A club owner that never lets that phone leave her side", Dre said. "Jay said something was wrong. What's up"

Aaliyah made a face. "What did he say?", she asked.

"Nothing. He just said something was wrong", Dre said.

"Nothing is wrong", Aaliyah said. "I'm fine"

Dre was quiet.

"Just a lot going on that's all", Aaliyah said.

"Yea...just do what I told you to do and everything will be fine", he said. "I'll be out and on probation"

"You think that you being in jail is the only thing on my mind? I can't even leave the house without watching my back. I still feel a hole in my chest". Aaliyah said.

"I never said this was just about me", he said.

Aaliyah sighed and changed that subject. "I sell the business, then what? You go broke?", she asked.

"Just do what I said", he replied.

"No!", Aaliyah shouted.

"Girl, calm down", he said.

"No. I am not going to calm down", Aaliyah said. "I am so tired of this shit. You continue to overshadow any opinion I have. You say I don't wanna hear you when we argue, but you don't even wanna hear me when we aren't!"

"Liyah, listen-"

Aaliyah cuts him off. "No, you listen. I thought that I trusted you but I don't know much about you. How can I trust you?"

"Where is this coming from?", Dre asked.

"You told me you didn't have siblings", she said. "But you do"

"I do but I don't", he said. "It's complicated "

"It's not complicated. Either you have some or you don't!", Aaliyah said.

"...I do... but we aren't in good terms", he said.

"...what else have you lied about?", she asked.

"Nothing?", he asked.

"And I'm supposed to be believe that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", he said.

"I have been through a lot okay? People have lied to me my whole like. People have left my side my whole life. I'm not going through it anymore", she said.

"I promise you, I haven't lied about anything else", he said.

Aaliyah got quiet.

"I promise", he said.

"... answer this question for me then...did you know Nae was pregnant?", she asked.

"Yes", Dre replied

"By who?", he asked.

"You accusing me of something?", Dre asked.

"I'm just asking a question", Aaliyah said.

"I don't know who's baby that is", he said.

"...is it a chance it's yours?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre was quiet.