Chapter 45

That night Aaliyah went to her old job and sat at the bar. She got a drink from bar that she was currently drinking.

Suddenly, some guy came up to her.

"Damn girl. You fine as hell. Let me get your number", he said.

"I got a boyfriend", she said.

"Shit, I just asked for yo number mama. We can't be friends?", he asked.

"Yea my boyfriend kill people", she said.

"Shoot, me too", he said showing his gun.

"The name Dre ring any bells?", she asked.

"Oh...yea", he said.

"Mhm", she said.

"Yea he can keep that", he said before he walked away.

Aaliyah drank down the rest of her drink and asked for another. While the bartender made her another drink she looked around at the strippers. Suddenly, somebody comes up behind her.

"Hey", he said.

Aaliyah didn't look his way. "I have a boyfriend", she said.

"And I have a girlfriend", he said.

Aaliyah recognized his voice and was quiet.

Dre came and sat next to her.

"Nice to know when your mad at me, you still claim me", he said. "Or are you even mad at me?"

Aaliyah sighs.

The bartender gives her, her drink.

"These drinks are on his tab", Aaliyah said as she pointed at Dre.

The bartender looked at Dre for approval and Dre nods. The bartender then walks away.

"How did you know I was here?", Aaliyah asked.

"You get yourself into so much shit that I had to share your location with me", Dre said.

"Thanks for asking", Aaliyah said sarcastically.

"At least I was honest", he said.

"...yes I guess", she said before she drunk some of the drink.

"Do you finally wanna have that talk?", he asked.

"...at first I was scared when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't want a baby because I didn't wanna be a bad mom...I wasn't even ready to be a mom. A part of me is okay with the miscarriage and another part is miserable... then when I found out I probably can never have children, I'm miserable as a whole", she said.

Dre looks down for a moment. "Honestly,.. I don't know what to say to make you feel. I wish I did but I don't"

"Only I can make myself feel better", she said.

"I get it. Other than having Keyanna, you've been alone all your life but.. you aren't anymore. You got family now and me", he said.

Aaliyah looks at him and her eyes were watery. "...Keyanna's mom told me that..when you loose somebody, somebody new enters your life... but everybody who lives my life, leaves because of me", she said.

"Liyah that isn't true", he said.

"It's true...and because of it my mom and my best friend was kilt", she said. "...my baby died"

Dre was quiet for a moment. Suddenly he took the cup from her hand.

Aaliyah gets up and walks away.