Chapter 2

The next day, Aaliyah went to the bridal store with Keyanna as promised as they picked out wedding dresses for Keyanna.

Keyanna looked in the mirror after she came out of the fitting room.

"Now that is gorgeous", Keyanna's mom said with a smile on her face.

Keyanna smiled. "What do you think, Aaliyah?", she asked as she looked back at her.

Aaliyah looked at her. "Oh you look great hun", Aaliyah said.

Keyanna looked at her for a moment. "Can I talk to you for a second?", she asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied as she stood up.

Keyanna walked to the side and Aaliyah followed.

"What's up with you?", Keyanna asked. She looked concerned.

"What do you mean?", Aaliyah asked.

"Something been up with you since we got here", Keyanna said.

"I'm fine", Aaliyah said.

Keyanna folded her arms.

"Keyanna, I've been just thinking about some stuff that's it", Aaliyah said.

"Okay", she said. "I guess you'll tell me when you're ready"

"But honey that dress...I think that's the one", Aaliyah said with a smile. "I'm so proud of you"

Keyanna smiles. "Thank you bestie", she said.

Aaliyah smiles

After they were done Aaliyah and Keyanna walked to their cars.

"You do remember I'm your best friend and you can tell me anything", Keyanna said.

"Yea I know", Aaliyah said. "I just... I don't have anything to tell, ya know"

Keyanna nods.

"But I have to go get ready for work", Aaliyah said.

"Okay. I'll see you later then", Keyanna said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said as she hugged her. "Love you bye"

"Bye", Keyanna said.

Aaliyah walked away and into her car.

———

When Aaliyah got to her apartment door it was a note on it folded up with her name on it. She took the note off to read it.

"You have until midnight to call this number and give me an answer", she read as she looked at the number after. She assumed it was Dre. "Oh and I have something you may enjoy on the couch and it will be more to offer if you agree"

Aaliyah unlocked the door and walked in. It was a Chanel shopping bag. Aaliyah smirked as her eyebrows raised and she walked to it. She sat down and looked inside and it was a light pink Chanel purse with gold chains.

"Oh my gosh this is cute", she said to herself.

Aaliyah put the purse down and looked at the note. Then began to wonder how he knew where she lived and how he got into her apartment. She got the purse she used today and got her phone out and dialed the number.

"Hello", Dre said on the other end.

"Hey... it's Aaliyah", she said. "Well the girl who you talked to yesterday"

"Yea I know your name", he said.

"Yea and you know where I live.. how?", she asked.

"I have my resources", he said.

"I suppose you have a key to my apartment as well", Aaliyah said.

Dre chuckles. "Nah", he said. "I just have my resources"

Aaliyah was silent as she stood up. She knew that if he knew where she lived that he could know more things about her. Even though she knew he was most likely lying about killing Keem, she felt like she should agree to the job anyway. She didn't wanna make him mad.

"Did you like your gift?", he asked.

"I loved it actually", she said as she walked around.

"Good.. so what's your answer? Or do you need more time to think?", he asked.

"...you said you weren't going to kill anybody right?", she asked.

"No I won't hurt a fly", he said.

Aaliyah was quiet again as she thought.

"If you need more time, we can talk later", he said.

"No", Aaliyah replied. "I um... I'll do it"

Dre smirks. "Cool", he said. "Come to the same location you went to yesterday, first thing in the morning. At about 8 tomorrow"

"Ok", she said.

"Cool", he said.

"But um I have a question", she said. "There are many girls out there to do this, why me?"

"...you the first girl I have ever seen turn him down so which means you can hold your own", he said. "You won't let feelings toward him get in between our agreement", he said.

Aaliyah sighed.

"Aaliyah listen mama. You have nothing to stress about alright? Imma tell you everything you need to do. Follow my lead and you'll be good", he said.

"Okay", she said. "But this is the only thing I'm doing. Just this one time"

"Listen, before you be a distraction to Keem. Imma need your help with some smaller problems alright? Just so I know you can actually do what I need you to do"

"Like what?", she asked.

"Be seductive, be manipulative and get your way", he said.

"I can do that", she said.

"I'll have to see for myself first", he said.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"But anyway, I'll see you tomorrow", he said.

"...Okay", she said.

They hung up the phone and she tossed it on the couch as she sat down and palmed her face.

Aaliyah knew she had no choice but to agree to his request because she knew Dre got what he wanted no matter what. She didn't wanna be on his bad list and besides the money didn't sound too bad and neither did that bag he brought her.

Aaliyah got up and walked into her room and got ready for work.