Chapter 53

At 12:00 a.m. on the dot, Aaliyah's phone alarm went off. Dre quickly opened his eyes and turned it off. Aaliyah was kinda of awake but her eyes were still closed.

Dre got out the chair and put Aaliyah down where he was. As he began to put the blanket over her, she grabbed his hand and mumbled something.

"What?", he asked.

"Be careful", she said as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Iight", he said as he began to walk away but she grabbed his hand tighter. "What? Aaliyah I gotta go", he said.

"I love you", she said softly.

Dre looked at her for a moment and smiled slightly. "I love you too", he said before he kissed her forehead. "Stay safe"

"I should say that to you", Aaliyah said.

"This is what I do, baby. You ain't gotta worry about me", Dre said.

"Mmm", she said as she closed her eyes.

Dre chuckled and grabbed his bag then walked out.

Aaliyah went back to sleep.

—————————————————

The next morning Aaliyah woke up and Dre was sitting at a table on his phone.

"I'm surprised you up", Aaliyah said.

Dre was still looking at his phone. "To watch you sleep so peaceful, I'll stay up all hours of the night", he said.

"You didn't go to sleep?", Aaliyah asked.

"Nah", Dre said.

Aaliyah sat up. "You never sleep", Aaliyah said. "What you got? Insomnia or something?"

Dre changes the subject. "You hungry?", he asked.

"I mean not right now but I will soon", Aaliyah said.

Dre got up. "What do you want?", he asked.

"I can't just come with you?", she asked.

"No", he said. "Like I said, you can't be seen with me or you'll be a target if I do something this guy does like"

"I thought you only had that one job", she asked.

"The job isn't done", Dre replied.

"Well... I guess I'll be Carmen while I'm here", Aaliyah said as she got up from the chair.

"Or you can just be Aaliyah and stay here while I get the food", Dre said.

"What is your problem?", Aaliyah asked as she walked to him.

"My problem is Carmen shot you got once, I'm not going for it again", he said.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes and walks away. "I want two waffles and sausage", She said as her back faced him.

"I'll be back", he said as he got just jacket and left.

Aaliyah turned around  and looked at the door as he left. She walked to his bag and realized he left his phone and it was unlocked. She picked his phone up and went to his messages. Carmen was the last person he was texting this morning before he left. She open their messages and read the recent stuff from this morning.

MESSAGE
Carmen: Hey, Dre. I dont really know what to get.
Dre: just get something you think is pretty. I don't care how much it is honestly. Just don't loose my card.
Carmen: okay. You know for a mean nigga you got a good ❤️ .
Dre "laughed" at the text.
END OF MESSAGES

Aaliyah made a face as she scrolled through the other messages between them. As she did that, Dre came in.

"I forgot my phone", he said before he saw her with it. "You going through my phone now? I don't touch yo shit"

Aaliyah tossed his phone on the table. "Fuck that phone", she said as she walked away.

"What's up with the attitude, Liyah?", he asked.

"What you and my sister up to", she said. "You're giving her your card and tell her to get whatever she wants why?"

"The fuck are you taking about?", he asked as he picked his phone up. "How you get in my phone anyway?"

"It was unlocked, but don't change the subject", Aaliyah asked.

"I asked her to get you something..something else you wanna accuse me of?", he asked.

Aaliyah got quiet.

"You quiet now", he said.

"You think you innocent Dre?", Aaliyah asked.

"I think I been the best nigga you've had in a while", Dre said.

Aaliyah chuckles to herself. "You think that?", she asked.

Dre didn't say anything he just looked at her.

"When were you going to tell me you kissed my sister? What? Were you going to fuck her next?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre sighed. "Liyah, I didn't mean to iight", he said. "Me and you were broken up, but that's not why I did it. I didn't mean to do it. She likes girls, why the fuck would there be anything going on between us"

"Just because she likes girls doesn't mean she doesn't like guys", Aaliyah said. "And she likes both. She just would rather date a girl then a guy"

"I don't want Carmen", Dre said. "She ain't you"

"I'm so tired of that fucking line! Y'all niggas think that saying that would make a girl forgive you immediately?", she asked.

"No. But it's true", he said.

Aaliyah shook her head as she folded her arms and looked away.

"Baby, you are my only priority. My only thought. I don't want none of these bitches out here", he said.

"So, my sister is a bitch?", she asked.

"No", he said.

"That's what you just said", she said.

"I don't want any of these girls out here", he said correcting himself. "Bae, just stop iight. He's done and over with. We together now and what I do from now and forward is the only thing that matters"

Aaliyah looked down for a moment and was quiet.

"Okay?", he asked.

Aaliyah looked up and sniffs as she tried not to cry. "I guess you're right. We weren't together", she said.

"You about to cry?", he asked.

"No", she said, lying.

Dre looked at her for a moment.

"Get the food. I'm good", she said.

Dre continued to look at her as he grabbed his phone. Dre began to walk to the door.

"Fucked your baby mama first then kiss my sister... but I'm your only thought. I beg to differ", Aaliyah said.

Dre stopped and looked at her.

"But I'm good...I guess... this is your second and last strike Dre", she said as she started tearing up. "The next time I'm gone"

Dre began to feel bad. He looked sad.

Aaliyah looked at him. "Okay!?", she asked.

"Okay", Dre said quickly. "I'm sorry"

"Okay. I'm done talking about it", she said as she wiped her tears and walked away.

Dre watched her walk away then left.

TO BE CONTINUED...