Chapter 9

That night Aaliyah went to work. She had covered her bruise with makeup so nobody would see.

Aaliyah was dancing on a table for some guys who were throwing a good amount of money.

Suddenly, some guys came over motioning the guys that Aaliyah was dancing for to leave. When Aaliyah looked it was Dre and two other dudes.

Dre and the two other dudes replaced their sits with them and sat down.

Aaliyah got down from the table. "What happened to not being around each other in public?", she asked with frustration.

"Well start dancing and act like you don't know me", he said as pulled out a stack.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and started dancing as he tossed ones at her.

"Why are you here?". She asked as she continued to dance.

"To pick you up", he said. "You quitting tonight"

Aaliyah stopped dancing. "What?", she asked.

"You heard me and it wasn't a question. If you want your money, you gotta quit", he said. "If he knows you strip then he just gonna look at you like some average hoe"

Aaliyah didn't say anything. "You must be adding some more money than agreed to my bank account", she said.

"What we agreed to is all I'm offering and it's final", he said in a stern voice. "Now dance before you fuck shit up with your cover"

Aaliyah looked at him for a moment then started dancing again.

Dre watched her dance and of course, it turned him on. He got so distracted that he even stopped throwing his money. Aaliyah looked at him as she danced with the look in her eyes that made him wanna just pin her down to the table right then and there. Aaliyah turned around and started twerking, and the guys he was with became intrigued. Dre looked at them watching her and suddenly this feeling came over him. Jealousy.

Dre made a face and shook his head to snap out of it. He got up and said, "don't quit tonight? And you'll be fired in the morning"

"I don't give a fuck how special and terrifying you think you are but Steven will not fire me", Aaliyah said.

"He will if I own this muthafucka", he said.

"... you own this place?", she asked as she stopped dancing.

"Yes, now imma let you choose what's it gonna be. I'll even give you til the end of your shift", he said.

Aaliyah sighed in frustration.

Dre walked away and the guys followed him.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and picked up her money.

————————————————————-

Aaliyah ended her shift and quit. She knew she could come back when this was all over so it was no big deal.

She had Herbo pick her up since she was without a car and she didn't wanna ask Keyanna because it was late and she was upset with Dre. She got in the car, hoping this dude was the right choice to call.

Herbo started driving. He didn't say much to her for half the ride.

Aaliyah stopped looking out the window to look at him. "You always this quiet?", she asked.

"Nah.. just had a long day", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "I'll give you some money for the ride. I know I was only supposed to call you for protection"