109

Silence spread in the car for a moment. Hongjoong's eyes were fixed on the road, his brows a little knit. The longer the moment lasted, the more nervous Yunho got.

"I want you to know one thing, Yunho" Hongjoong told then "I would never stay between you and your dreams. If you want to do this professionally, I will support you to the end" he stated and spared a glance over to the teenager. "but I will not lie to you about the industry you plan on getting in. Nothing is sure and nothing guarantees you that you will be able to make a living with it" he said and patted his son's thigh. "as your father, I will do my best to help you make your dream come true but in return you need to promise me something"

Yunho's big doe eyes were watching his father's every mimic, every gesture closely. He would do anything.

"Promise me that you will get a degree at some point of your youth. It will be you're only insurance, that I swear" he conditioned and finally tuned off the engine as they teacher their home. Hongjoong looked over to his son who was beaming all over his face. "can you promise me that?"

Yunho eagerly nodded and landed over to hug his father tightly. "Thank you, Dad"

~

Hongjoong turned off the last lights downstairs and made his way up right after. It was nighttime and today it was also his turn in checking up on the kids if they were really sleeping. His routine started with Yeosang and San, their room was closest to the stairs. He knocked lightly and listened, as nothing came as an answer, he quietly pushed open the door to make sure they were there and slept. San was sleeping already, cuddled up in many pillows and fluffy blankets, unlike the twin on the other side of the room. Yeosang spotted his father and pulled out the earphones he had in. "It's late, Yeosang" he said and stepped into the room. His son just rolled his eyes and closed his phone and put it away in his drawer. Hongjoong put San's plushie, that was laying on the floor, back in his bed and turned to Yeosang. He made sure the blanket was covering him up completely, the ruffled his hair. Yeosang scrunched his nose in faked annoyance as a response. A soft chuckle rolled over the father's lips. "Goodnight, mhm?" he said and left to the door.

"Goodnight, Dad!"

The next door, Wooyoung and Jongho were waiting for Hongjoong to come in already. "Especially you two should be sleeping" Hongjoong commented as he stepped into the room to tuck his two youngests in.

"We were just about to sleep!" Wooyoung said and adjusted his pillow, laying down. When he got his long-awaited goodnight kiss, Wooyoung closed his eyes satisfied. "Goodnight!"

Hongjoong smiled softly and ruffled his son's hair. "Goodnight, Wooyoungie" he said and went on to Jongho, who snuggled into his blanket. The father kneeled next to the bed and pinched Jongho's little nose. "Goodnight to you too" he said chuckling.

"Goodnight" the youngest replied and closed his eyes with a sweet little smile.

Hongjoong stood up and quietly closed the door behind himself. The last room was left. There was soft noise coming out, which made Hongjoong roll his eyes with a disappointed but not surprised sigh. "Okay boys I'll come in on three and if I see any comics or the console playing, we'll have some issues" he announced with a knock. The room fell silent immediately, and he counted to three. As he opened the door, Mingi threw the last comic across the room for Yunho to catch and hide. But instead, it landed right in Hongjoong's face as he stepped into the room. The father's brows rose in shock, he picked up the comic. He rolled it up and pointed at two of his sons. "What did we say about staying up late reading comics?" he scolded, put away the one in his hands with a sigh.

"I'm sleeping! Already sleeping! Goodnight, Dad~!" Mingi rushed and closed his eyes shut the second later, praying he wouldn't confiscate his favorite comic.

Hongjoong rolled his eyes, but couldn't stiffle the chuckle. "Goodnight, Mingi" he gave back and turned to his eldest who was getting comfortable in his bed. The parent sat on the edge of the bed and just looked at Yunho for a second. He knew, his son was aware of what he was thinking. "Ah, I think you need to promise me two things, Yunnie" Hongjoong hummed and chuckled. "the auditions of your dad's entertainment company open soon. I'll be bitter it you don't at least try it" he winked and smiled warmly. "I'm already, and will always be proud of you, Yunho"

"And what about me?"

Hongjoong laughed. "I thought you were sleeping"

"... I am!"

"I'm proud of all of you. No matter what person you're going to become. And this is for all of you. Papa and I are your parents and we love you unconditionally" he said and sighed contently. Hongjoong rose from his seat and went to the door. "Sleep well you two" he wished before leaving them alone too.

~

"You're still up?" the younger asked as he came out of the attached bathroom. He found his husband still typing on his laptop just like he had left him half an hour ago.

Seonghwa looked up and rubbed his eyes groaning tiredly. "Uhg... I keep getting emails from my manager... All asking if I want to make a come back on TV right now" he sighed and typed the last sencente before he sent it and shut down the laptop. "I would love to, but I have other plans"

"Uhh... Other plans, mhm~ tell me" Hongjoong purred and climbed onto the bed, laid his head on the elder's shoulder.

Seonghwa chuckled and put the laptop to the side and shifted around a little. "mhm~ I'm going to show you when it's done" he teased and pinched the other's face. "My eyes are burning, come, let's sleep"

Hongjoong knitted his brows and looked at Seonghwa who had closed his eyes and was breathing steadily. "Why?... I want to see now"

"Because it's not done. You'll see it soon enough" the elder hummed.

"... I'm your boss though. I can order to show me"

"... Are you really?" Seonghwa asked and opened one eye to peak at the younger. "I can remember just yesterday you-"

"Ah- it's fine!" Hongjoong cut off and closed his eyes. He turned the other way to hide the hotness on his cheeks.

"Mhm Joongie~" Seonghwa purred and snuggled into the younger's back. He left a light kiss right between his shoulders and sneaked his arms around him. "I love you" he whispered and closed his eyes.

Hongjoong turned his head to the side and ghosted his lips on the elder's nose, then his hands reached Seonghwa's intertwined at his stomach. He laid them above his and welcomed the warm feeling of his husband's hug that lulled him to sleep.

-

Hey!how are you doing?

Looks like I'm going to school next week :') Corona does not exist when you open yo windows while it's - 16°C and snowing non-stop👍

But, let's look on the bright side, it's another update!

I hope you liked it;)

Please stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb