o46

Kids screaming and running around filled the school's playground. Back, in some corner, Yunho was enjoying his lunch with his two younger brothers, watching the others run around and play silly games with their friends. He was jealous of the other kids to have so many friends to play with. He couldn't complain though, he was the shy one, the scared one. But his brothers didn't dare to leave him alone. Yeosang was just like him anyways and San didn't leave his side too.

"oh, looks like it was Dad's turn of making lunch" Yeosang commented, taking out his Sandwich that looked like it was falling apart any moment.

"Well... He put extra sauce in it" San added, digging in.

"Yeah... At least we have extra fruit too" Yunho said, snacking from the cut fruit. "Even though I would like to have a... Full sandwich" he joked, pointing at his main lunch.

"I want Papa's pretty food again" San said "He always makes cute faces on my lunch"

For a second the brothers looked at each other, agreeing. Hongjoong's lunched weren't bad, no. You could see that he gave his best at making five lunches and a breakfast for himself. He had gotten better at it over the year at home too, but nothing reached Seonghwa's boxes. Maybe it was because the kids were so used to them, or not. But they preferred them for sure.

~

"Wooyoungie! Look" Mingu proudly showed off his tower he had built. It had taken him some time and starts to get it so high and stable, but he had made it.

Wooyoung looked at the tall tower his brother had built. He had even sorted the blocks by color and size. He wanted to show off something too, so he lifted his unfinished drawing he was still making. It was hard to tell, but it showed a field with colorful patches which could be flowers. And a big sun with a smiling face was in the background, right behind a little house. "I drew!" he said, turning to Mingi completely. "Is it pretty, Minmin?"

"It's super pretty!" the older of the two answered, studying the paper. "where is that?"

Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know" he said, looking at his work "but I want to go there" the little one imagined a wonderland for himself, a place he could design after his likings. Wooyoung looked up at his older brother "Can we go there together?" he asked with big eyes.

"Of course!" Mingu replied, smiling wide. "When I get older, I will take you there!"

"Ah! You have to promise!"

"Promise!"

~

"You wrote all that..?" shocked, the elder looked through the thick notebook. "I thought you were taking a break... These are at least over fifty songs. Boy, slow down"

Hongjoong scratched the back of his head. "I had time and the right motivation I guess" he replied. "I have some demos on my laptop with me, and I have I a couple ideas"

Yonghwan watched his former student set his things up, he was full in his element, only focused on what he had in front of him. The older knew that this was his world, that he had missed it so much and that he needed it. But from experience he could tell that he was taking it a little to fast for the time being, he didn't want to interrupt him though. And he was curious about what he had done in a year. While he listened to the first drafts of the songs Hongjoong had composed and arranged, he looked through all the lyrics he had written. He did notice the two different hand writings, it made him grin. They weren't bad, no, they were amazing. Hongjoong truly wasn't able do make a bad song.

~

"Jongie, come on, bunny. We need to pick up your brothers! Stop running!" Seonghwa sighed as he watched his youngest run in his underwear. Somehow, and for unknown reasons, his kids loved running around with no pants. "Bunny, please ! Papa is tired already. Let me put on your pants right and then head out to pick up your brothers" he nearly begged. But Jongho didn't seem to change his mind and listen, so the father had to take other options. The man stood up, really chasing the kid, catching him and lifting him up in the air. "That's it young man" he said, finally, forcefully pulling up the pants and buttoning them. "No running nakey nakey in this house"