118 - family au au pt.3 100K SPECIAL

Wooyoung looked at the colored bottle and shrugged his shoulders as he just put it in the soup. He had begged his parents to make dinner by himself, he had even visited the market downtown to get spices. And finally, after long begging, they had allowed him in the kitchen. The boy was all excited to especially try the new spice in the colored bottle. An old lady on the street had sold it to him by saying it would make every dish unforgettable. Wooyoung wanting to impress his family with his culinary skills had bought it of course.

The earthbender sniffed the soup the last time, then took it from the stove to serve it in the cups.

"Wooyoung? Ah- let me help you with that; don't want to burn your hands, mhm?" Seonghwa smiled and took the heavy pot out of his son's hands. "Ah~ this already smells delicious~," he praised the boy as he served the hot soup in eight cups and put them on a serving plate.

"Of course!" Wooyoung cheered and gave his father his brightest smile. "I did well, didn't I? Right?"

"I'm sure you did," Seonghwa replied and carried the soup to the dining room. the rest of the family was already waiting, all seated on their chairs. The father gave out the soups and took his own seat to enjoy the dinner his son had made. And I tasted just as delicious as it smelled. "Ah~ Wooyoungie, this is really tasty"

"Right?" San said and looked over to his brother, "what did you put in it? It tastes different from Papa's soup"

Wooyoung giggled and pressed his lips closer. "That's a secret! My secret recipe," he chuckled and devoured his soup.

"In the end, he put poison in it," Jongho laughed and watched Mingi choke on his soup. It amused the youngest to cause chaos every now and then. "Oh no, Mingi I think you're growing a third eye!"

"W-What?" Mingi dropped his spoon and felt his forehead with wide, shocked eyes. "Papa! Papa is there a third eye?"

"Mingi please-" Hongjoong took the boy's hands out of his face, "you're not growing a third eye- everything is fine" he sighed and then looked over to the devil in disguise. "Jongho we talked about this. You promised to not terrorize your brothers anymore"

Jongho held his hands up in defense. "I thought I saw him grow a third eye... I'm sorry" he lied and turned back to his soup.

"No but, this tastes suspiciously good," Yeosang pointed out and eyed his brother for a split second. The younger knit his brows at him and pouted, not satisfied with all the suspicion at all. "I'm just saying... I really thought we're getting mud-soup tonight"

"Papa! Everyone is being so mean to me!" Wooyoug whine and turned to Seonghwa with puffed cheeks. It upset him how his brothers tried to find mistakes in his food so eagerly. He crossed his arms and protested to continue his dinner.

"Wooyoung is right," Seonghwa said and scolded his sons with stern looks. "He really put a lot of effort to make us dinner tonight and you're all being mean for no reason" he put his hand on Wooyoung's head and softly ruffled his hair to cheer him up a little. "Wooyoung made a really tasty soup for us and it's not fair that you treat him like that... Looks like you will be cleaning the kitchen later, mhm?"

"That's not fair! I didn't say anything!" Yunho protested and held his hands up.

Hongjoong put his hand on his eldest's shoulder and leaned over a little. "You see big boy, sometimes it just does not matter... We're in this together" he sighed and pursed his lips.

~

Hongjoong hung his robe on the hook attached to the back of the bedroom door. Warm and humid summers were not unusual for the ember islands; they almost made one sweat more than the hot sun at the beach. He had just finished a cold shower and felt like sweating again. Hongjoong may love spending his holidays there, but the heat did get too much for him at times. Maybe the northern water tribe wasn't as bad of a suggestion as he had thought. As he couldn't spot his husband in their bedroom, he proceeded to check the balcony that was attached. Just as expected the elder waterbender was leaning against the railing and had his back turned to him. Hongjoong saw his rare chance and took it; the younger snaked his arms around his husband to tightly hug him.