o93

Seonghwa opened his arms for Yunho to climb in. "Ah, now you have grown so much" he said and kissed the boy's full cheeks. "that's how small you were" Seonghwa pointed on a picture of Yunho crawling on the floor like a seal. Seonghwa buried his hand in his son's hair. "ah, Yunho, you have grown so much" he sighed, smiling with nostalgia. Not only his boy had grown, he had too. Having him at such a young age had for sure formed his character. Not only did they teach them, but their kids taught them as well.

"You were a ball of energy. At all times"

~

Loud crying woke Seonghwa up, the nth time that night. He didn't open his eyes, just kicked Hongjoong next to him. "It's your turn now" he mumbled into the pillow.

"Why is he constantly hungry?" Hongjoong cried out as he made it out of bed. He stumbled to the crib, that was set up next to the window and carefully took Yunho in his arms. The moment he picked him up, his baby stopped crying and now was softly snoring in his neck. As he was about to lay him back down, Yunho started whining again. Hongjoong signed deeply and took his son back into his arms. "Oh you little devil" With baby Yunho in his arms, he softly kicked Seonghwa awake. "He only sleeps when you hold him, what am I supposed to do? He's gonna start crying if I lay him back down"

Seonghwa tried to locate his husband in his still sleeping state but gave up shortly after. No, he needed sleep right now, he couldn't deal with that."Hold him" he simply answered and turned back to sleep.

There Hongjoong stood now with baby Yunho sleeping peacefully in his arms. Again, he signed. Hongjoong went to their bed and sat down semi laying. He couldn't lay down, because of Yunho sleeping on him, and he couldn't sit up, because he couldn't sleep like that either.

Yunho was sleeping safe and sound, snoring and drolling in his father's neck. One of his hand tightly gripped Hongjoong's shirt.

"One day, when you have kids, I hope you get to experience these sleepless nights too" Hongjoong said, smiling in sleeplessness "because we love you so much more than our sleep and rest" Hongjoong softly stroke his baby's back. "But don't grow up too fast" he then whispered, "Daddy's heart couldn't take it" With that, he finally fell asleep and wasn't woken up again for that night.

~

Seonghwa was preparing Hongjoong's lunch, at the same time he was listening to Yunho, who was babbling next to him. He had placed his babyseat on the wide kitchen counter, just so he had always an eye on him. Yunho was six months now and every now and then he would attempt stunts like standing up but instead rolling over. Since he had tried this on the couch and almost fell on the floor, Seonghwa put him in his babyseat and buckled him up. Every second Seonghwa turned to him, just to see the same thing. And yes, Yunho was still sitting in his babyseat, just like a second ago. It wasn't like he could just stand up, but being careful was better than regretting afterwards.

Just as he was about to turn back to his husband's lunch, he saw Yunho playing with the belt holding him in his seat. Yunho looked directly in his father's eyes, innocently smiling. But he didn't stop trying to unbuckle his belt. "Yunho no" Seonghwa said in a warning tone. His baby stopped, clapped his hands and giggled. Seonghwa just sighed and shook his head. "Why are you so active and energetic already?" He remembered his cousins, who didn't try do sit up by themselves when they were about nine months. And here he was with Yunho, who seemed to find it funny to stand up but roll over instead.

The tall young man finished preparing the lunch for his husband and packed everything up in containers. As soon as he unbuckled Yunho from his seat, his son happily kicked his short legs, making grabby hands.