128

'And as the moon rose for the last time, he gathered his breath and spoke, "the moon is beautiful tonight, right?"'

"You're writing again?"

"Mhm... And I'm done, just finished now" Seonghwa replied and saved the document before putting his laptop away. There was a load being lifted from his chest. It felt like he could breathe again without any weight pressing down his chest.

"Can I know now what you have been typing away?" Hongjoong chuckled and snuggled between the covers, next to his husband.

A content and collected sigh left the elder's lips. "I guess now, yes," he replied and laid down to face the younger, "I wrote a book"

Hongjoong's eyes widened, his mouth fell open. "And you didn't tell me? Hey- I'm the first reader, right? Right?" he asked and pouted his lips oh so cutely but offended. "how could you not tell me..."

Seonghwa kissed away the small pout with a wide grin plastered on his own lips. "Mhm... It's not supposed to be public anyway... When I was in the military, I listened a lot to the seniors talk about how they cope with failed missions and loss," he responded and snaked his arms around the younger. "and they kept saying how writing letters or diaries helped them to a point... I think I just needed that"

Hongjoong was silenced for a moment, then he brought his hand up to brush the elder's bangs out of his face. "I'm proud that you found your ways," he said and rested his hand on Seonghwa's cheek so tenderly, "though I would have liked to be a part of it... We talked about this"

"And I told you I will be honest whenever it is going worse," the elder gave back and kissed the hand laid on his cheek. "Everything is fine, I just felt like doing it, and it felt good. You don't have to be worried about anything, I promise you"

The younger was well aware that his husband was stubborn, that he wouldn't get anything out if there was something he should know. So, he let it be for the time being and nodded acceptingly. "I'm glad," Hongjoong breathed and scooted just a little closer, enough to hug his husband into his chest. The other welcomed it with no hesitation at all and let himself be held. "I love you, to the ends of the universe"

"I know," Seonghwa hummed and got comfortable against the younger's chest. He stole a last kiss before preparing to sleep. "And I love you until the end of time"

~

"We need to be quiet-"

"WH-"

"Shush!"

"HU-"

"Shut up-!" Yunho held San's mouth closed and rolled his eyes. "Okay poll- who votes to stuff his mouth with socks so he finally shuts up?" the eldest whispered and smiled and all the risen hands.

"Hey-! YOU-"

Yunho grabbed a hand full of fresh socks from his drawer and just stuffed his siblings mouth. "Okay, is everything ready?" he asked and looked at the rest of his siblings: Yeosang, Mingi, and Wooyoung. They all nodded in sync and showed a thumbs up before moving on to the next part of the mission, entering the next room without making a single sound.

The youngest was the lightest sleeper and would probably wake up from a needle falling onto the floor. And the last thing they wanted was for Jongho to wake up now. It would just ruin the fun.

Yeosang looked at the clock, then nodded to Wooyoung who tiptoed down the stairs with him to get the surprise from the kitchen. The younger of the duo looked through the fridge and found the container they had hid behind the vegetables. In his opinion the best hideout; who would look at vegetables, they were nasty.