o85

Seonghwa massaged his temples while he listened to his mother talk on the phone. "You don't have to... but we're sure it's ending soon and she would be so happy to see you again" his mother sighed.

"I know, I will come, that's no problem anyway" Seonghwa replied "I will call you tonight when I talked to Hongjoong and booked a ticket"

"Okay. Kiss the kids for me"

"I will. Tell Dad I said hi"

Seonghwa and his mother laid off and the man took a moment to breathe. The mother of his father was taking her last moments, and she had requested to see him before she took her last journey. He would go see her, that was sure. Still, he had to discuss it with Hongjoong before doing anything.

"Papa?" Mingi tugged at his father's pants "Can you help me?" he asked cutely.

Seonghwa pressed his lips in a soft smile. "Of course baby, what's wrong?" He replied and bent down to his level. A little distraction was what he needed right now.

"Mhm... My colors don't color anymore" he sulked and held up the used red pencil. It was tiny, no wonder it didn't color anymore. "and I'm not done yet..."

A slight giggle danced over Seonghwa's lips. "Mhm let's see if Papa has some spare" he said and booped the little ones nose. Taking the used pencil, he turned to the universal drawer in their kitchen. He didn't know what to fill it with so it hold spare pens and pencils, medications and other stuff like batteries or torches, some table candles. The everything-drawer. Whatever you needed, you sure found it in there. It was quite spacy too. "Ah, we have orange? Is that fine? We don't have the same orange though, baby"

"But it will fall out!" he pouted and ran off to get the paper he was coloring. "Look, they are all orange like that and this orange doesn't fit with the others..."

"But how about you give your field of flowers more different colors? Wouldn't that look prettier if the colors mixed?"

"Prettier? Mix the colors?"

"Mhm! Or have you seen a field of flowers where every flower looks the exact same? We could add a couple purple flowers, flowers with five petals, flowers with three, yellow ones, all the different types"

Mingi thought about it for a second, turned his picture to himself to examine it. Then, he nodded agreeing. "Mhm! Okay! But you have to color with me!" he conditioned and giggled, his arms spread open for his father.

"I would love coloring with you, baby" Seonghwa chuckled and took the fresh pack of colors with him as he followed his son back to the living room.

~

Hongjoong sighed and put his head in his hands. He looked up as his husband and extended his hand to hold his. "We can book a train ticket right now, you shouldn't have waited for me" he said pressing a kiss on Seonghwa's hand. He had met Seonghwa's grandmother just a couple times. Though hearing about her condition left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"It's fine, I didn't want to disturb you, you're working hard right now. I didn't want to discuss how we handle the kids on the phone" Seonghwa replied and pulled away his hand to put it on his neck. "I don't think it's suitable that I take them with me, after all it's... Not an environment for them right now. But you're working so I thought maybe we could ask if Hyerin or Jisoo-"

"Hey, hey no. I got this" Hongjoong cut his husband's words. "Seonghwa, dont worry about us at the moment. We don't need a babysitter or anything, I can work at home for that time"

Seonghwa's brow rose for a second. He wanted to ask why he chose to stay over at Yonghwan's or the companies studio for days if that was an option, but he didn't feel like provoking anything. "it will be just for two days, so you don't hang behind off your work-"

Hongjoong didn't like the way of his talking, all distanced. He knitted his brows and reached for both of Seonghwa's hands this time. "No, you take as much time as you need there. Two, three, seven or ten days, doesn't matter" he said and then titled his head a little. "... Hwa what's wrong?"

"Nothing, why? Everything is fine" he gave back and tried to withdraw his hands again, but Hongjoong just squeezed them and didn't dare to let go. He got yanked back a little and stumbled over his feet.

"Something is clearly not fine, you barely look at me... Hey, please let us talk it out" Hongjoong begged and tried to catch ghe olders eyes. Something wasn't right, and he didn't know why the other behaved like that. Just as he was about to add something, someone interrupted.

"Papa, the tub is full!" Yunho said and pulled his bathrobe closer to his body.

Seonghwa seeing his way out of the situation, pulled out of Hongjoong's grip and followed Yunho to the bathroom. "Did you decide who goes first?"

"Mhm, Mingi is waiting! Mhm and then Jongie and Wooyoungie, and then Sangie and San" the boy replied and opened the door to the steamy bathroom. Mingi was sitting on the carpet, playing with a bathtub-duck.

"Mhm, ready for a bath, baby?" Seonghwa chuckled as he kneeled down in front of the tub and next to Mingi. "Let's get undressed first hm?"
While Yunho climbed into the warm water, Seonghwa helped Mingi out of his clothes and into the tub. It was Sunday evening, meaning Seonghwa's holy day of taking a good and deep cleaning bath. Oh sometimes it was cruel how he let the kids play before he rubbed off every single particle of dirt off the skin, leaving them red but clean. But other than that it was a little time for personal recap of the week. Talking helped them increase their vocabulary and pronunciation, the parents valued correct use of words a lot. How someone talked gave a lot away how they were raised and what kind of person they were. But also, during bathtime Seonghwa would find out who didn't flush the toilet again by accident. Sometimes, just sometimes Yeosang accidently slipped it out and Seonghwa was definitely not hoping for that.

-
Heeyaa how yall doing?

Ahhh yes bathtime. My mom used to whip my ass with hot water and was like, if it doesn't burn it's not clean✨

I plan to update tonight again but I'm not sure if I can. Have a little piano-lesson-randezvu with a friend of mine and usually we end up watching some movie instead so, let's seee

AND ALSO! I FORGOT TO ADD IT IN THE LAST TWO UPDATES. THIS BOOK HAS REACHED 50K ON THE 17TH!

Thank you so so much! I can't even like, imagine the number that's- mind blowing that so many people like reading about Hongjoong getting dragged every other chap👀🥺
I really mean it. It motivates me so much to see it, to read your comments and reply. I can't put in words how much it means to me. Thank evey one of you.

Please stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb