o58

"What--really?" the older asked with big eyes.

"Of course" Hongjoong replied casually and finished his meal. He stuffed in the last bites and swallowed. "Just like in the old days"

Since the very beginning Seonghwa was the one singing the demo's for Hongjoong's songs, even before he even got into the entertainment company. The younger would write songs and show them to his former teacher, Seonghwa who then sang them for him so he could detect errors. Throughout their time together in high school they had practiced like that. And after his debut too for a couple of years, it had become a habit of them. But after a time, when Hongjoong got to know more people year by year, doing collaborations over collaboration, Seonghwa wasn't first choice anymore. Not that he minded.

Thinking of the old days made Seonghwa's stomach flutter. You couldn't judge him for actually wanting to do it. Even though he was happy how everything was now and he didn't regret any decisions, singing was still something that made him happy and fulfilled. And especially if it was for his husband. "Yes!" he replied, glowing a smile. He felt so excited for this.

Hongjoong cleaned up his plate and silverware and then lead his husband to his office. He knew investing in a little studio in his own house wasn't a bad idea. And having it soundproofed was even better. He searched through his sheets and notes, it was quite a mess and if Seonghwa had the allowance to clean up this room oh he would have. But unfortunately, he and Hongjoong had agreed that his office was a sacred place and rearrangeing his organized mess would disturb his inspiration. It would be an underestimation to say it didn't sit right with the older.

"You know, if you had folders, you would find everything" he commented, forcing his eyes away from the mountain of sheets, books, notes and God-knows-what on the  desk.

"Just because folders work for you doesn't mean they work for everyone"

"Just saying"

"Mhm, I'm just saying too"

Seonghwa chuckled softly and seated himself in the wheeled office chair. As his husband spent a lot of time sitting, the seat was made so that he didn't get much back pain. Meaning, that chair was the most comfortable thing to sit on.

"Found them!" Hongjoong cheered and held up a couple sheets, giving them to Seonghwa. "it's one of the side tracks, I'm done with everything I just need someone to sing it so I can perfect it" he said, looking around for another chair. Why would he have one though, he was alone in there most of the time. "Just like we used to work. I'm going to play the track, so you can listen first and then we put it together" Hongjoong explained and sat down on Seonghwa. For him, there was one seat more comfortable than his chair, and that was his husband's voluminous thighs.

He pulled them closer to his desk starting his equipment, plugging the external hard drive in. Hongjoong found the searched track fast, connected his headphones and gave them to Seonghwa to listen. Hongjoong saw the older brows knitt. "you haven't decided on a climax yet?"

"I'm not sure about the placement- because it fits here and here" Hongjoong pointed at the said passages on the paper. "You got to sing if first so I can see if it makes more sense to put it here to the part here or this part here"

Understanding, Seonghwa pushed Hongjoong down his lap to stand behind the microphone. "could have just asked me" the younger pouted while he stood up from the floor and sat on his chair.

Hongjoong played his track and from there got lost on watching his husband getting the best out of what he had produced so far. He, as someone who did this for a living, could see how much more Seonghwa seemed to be glowing, how naturally easy it was for him. At times he felt guilty, that he had maybe forced his decisions on him, that he had felt under pressure all these years ago. Because he had the talent, and he could have done it if he had tried back then, Hongjoong was sure of that. He knew Seonghwa had given up a lot of things just to be with him, and sometimes he couldn't but feel guilty. Though he knew his his husband would never want him to think and feel that way.

How could he not? Even though they were always open about even the littlest things, he felt like Seonghwa didn't tell him everything, or hadn't. Hongjoong knew, he knew Seonghwa would tell him about everything, but what if not?

He couldn't answer his question himself, all he could do was watch Seonghwa have his pure moment behind the microphone. He really looked so... pretty, ah?

~

The sun had just cracked through the curtains, when six pairs of little feet were patching around the house. Jongho had been the first to wake up. He had made it to his duty to wake Wooyoung as soon as he was up. So, he had waddled over to the bed of the other, his little bunny blanket over his head.

Wooyoung was a deep sleeper, and after he still hadn't woken up, Jongho had climbed his bed. Only after attacking the other, Wooyoung had finally opened his eyes. And then, the two had slowly woken up everyone else. Except their parents.

The couple had been up until early early morning, they wouldn't hear the world go down. They had been up the whole night going over a couple songs, correcting lyrics and adding beats to the tracks. All they needed after such a productive night was a day of sleep.

When the siblings quietly entered their parents bedroom, they had to hold back a chuckle. They were both laying wide across the large bed, Hongjoong's leg and Seonghwa arm hanging off the bed. Giggling, they made their way more into the room, attempting to climb the bed and wake their parents together. Their plan turned out to be a little more difficult than assumed. The bed of their parents was quite large, not only in width, but also in high. So, only Yunho and the twins could climb it without much difficulty. As quiet and fast as possible they helped their bothers up too. They tried to not touch their fathers' limps to not wake them up just yet. Unfortunately, Seonghwa's sleep was always light.

The older opened one eye when something heavy sat on his knee. He saw his kids pulling their youngest brother on the bed together. Oh it was way too early for this. He had barely slept. Seonghwa knew they wanted to surprise them but no matter how much he loved them, he needed two additional hours of sleep or else shit would go down.

When Mingi accidently dropped Jongho on the floor again, Hongjoong too stirred awake, looking around in total confusion. He Yeosang hitting Mingi's head and then getting off the bed to help Jongho get on. Hongjoong was in utter confusion, it was definitely too early to understand what he just saw. He looked to the side and saw Seonghwa eying the kids. A laugh was scratching in his lips. Hongjoong lightly tapped his husband, talking through eyes.

Just pretend that you're sleeping, he interpeted Seonghwa's eye-language. Hongjoong wouldn't disagree, he was dead tired.

Finally, the siblings were all on the bed, ready to wake their parents. "All together jump, okay?" Wooyoung suggested, earning agreeing nods. But what they didn't know was, that their parents were expecting them already. So, when they jumped on them, they were all together wrapped under the blanket the next moment. "Ngh-! No-" Wooyoung whined turning under Seonghwa's arm and side of the blanket.

"But Papa is so~ tired" Seonghwa muffled into his pillow, holding Wooyoung Jongho and Yeosang under his arm and close to his chest. "Mhm~ let's sleep together, ah?"

"Nooo~!" Mingi protested from the other side of the bed. He was currently squeezed between San and Yunho by Hongjoong.

"Sleeping party~" Hongjoong said, getting comfortable again. "Daddy and Papa need just a couple hours more~"

"Ahh~ no~ Jongie don't like uhg- no"

-
Hey! How ya doing?

Hah, three more to go😃✌️

I got this yall, I got this! My desire to commit arson is... Under control! I got this!😗✌️

Ahh imagine ateez family cuddling in a big ass bed and baby jongho just- no don't tf touch me💀
And San's like: oh, oh well, I actually like this👉👈

Ahh yes, I started studying for my math exam this week, let's see if I fuck up or fuck up up✌️

My new alarm in the morning is fricking replay of shinee and when I tell yall that's the only alarm working on me I mean it- I've never been woken up so smoothly💀 Like I've been dreaming and then outta nowhere some fricking bird in my dream goes ✨noonan neomu yeppeoooooo✨ shit freaked me out so much biatch I'm telling you-- and then I woke up to my alarm going ✨MICHEOOOOOO REPLAY REPLAY REPLAYYYYY✨ nakaknebdhc

Anyway

Please stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb