oo9

"You ever checked Twitter in the past months?" Seonghwa asked as he set the table.

The family had finally arrived at their home a few days ago. Now they were just enjoying a little time by themselves in their home. Mostly, Seonghwa let Hongjoong just do whatever silly things he wanted to do with the kids. Just yesterday they had build a big, really big, pillow fort in the living room. You see, the living room was a big mess and that didn't fit with Seonghwa's cleaning tic. "If I don't see it, it's not there..." and with that he dissappeared into his own bedroom for the night.

"Ah, no. Why?" Hongjoong answered, putting out the stove. For today's breakfast he had prepared boiled eggs.

His husband chuckled. "'Hongjoong take your well deserved rest but we miss you' is trending and the posts are... Hilarious" Seonghwa took out his phone, opening Twitter to show Hongjoong heat he meant. "I woke up to a thread called 'The Kims in their natural habitat'" he laughed.

"What?" with unbelieving eyes Hongjoong read through a few tweets. The he busted into a little laugh. "Are you laughing or crying here?"

"I don't know either" Seonghwa responded chuckling softly. They knew pictures of them at the beach would sooner or later come around, they were more or less prepared for that. "I'm just glad they understand that we don't want the kids to be too exposed"

"Oh after what you did a couple years ago noone will dare to take a photo of the kids" Hongjoong giggled continuing to scroll through the comments.

It was a little fun fact, that the biggest 'scandal' Hongjoong was ever involved in, had actually nothing to do with him directly. Back then when Mingi was on his way, Seonghwa was quite emotional and easy to piss off. Once, he had been out grocery shopping with Yunho and the twins and some people were taking pictures, much to his displeasure. Seonghwa had snapped. Totally out of himself he had started yelling at them about how disrespectful it was and that he would surely sue them. Well, after his little break out Seonghwa had just grabbed a pack of dinosaur nuggets and left the store. Hours later the incident was all over the media. Seonghwa had been dead serious about every word he had said but for the public they excused the incident with severe mood swings due to the pragnacy. Within the fandom the thing was quickly forgotten and turned into a sort of meme, while everyone else was bitter about it for a whole year.

"I don't want them to be too involved in the media. They should enjoy a normal childhood" Seonghwa excused and set the boiled eggs on the table.

"The picture of you furiously grabbing the dinosaur nuggets is still iconic. We should get that framed"

Seonghwa sent his husband a death glare. He didn't like to be reminded of that day. So much had gone wrong on that day.

A little later, the boys woke up too. Stumbling down the stairs in their pajamas, they followed the smell of freshly prepared breakfast. The kids sat down and Hongjoong went upstairs to get Jongho. For the first time in weeks the baby had slept in and didn't wake his parents at 4 am.

When everyone was gathered together, they began eating. "You slept well?" Seonghwa asked, looking at the still sleepy faces. Mingi's head was about to fall on his full plate but Yeosang caught him in last minute.

"mhmm~" they hummed, to tired to speak. "we slept like babies. Safe and sound" San added, grabbing his glass of juice.

The parents gave each other a look. The only one that had slept well last night was surely only Jongho. The youngest contently nibbled on his bottle.

"Papa, I want to change rooms!" Yeosang then said, getting all the attention.

The parents eyes widened in surprise. "Why? Aren't you happy sharing the room with San and Wooyoung?" Hongjoong asked.