120

TW|rape×pedophilia

Please don't read this if you have a background with these topics and or if you're not comfortable.

You're strong and a survivor and your voice should be heard.

Please, if you notice harassment happening, speak up if the person can't. Only together we can stand against this.

~

"Yeosang please..."

"..."

Seonghwa tugged at the door handle; it was locked. "Yeosang, baby, I'm worried... please open the door so I can see you" he begged and leaned his head against the door. "Yeosang please..."

There was nothing but the muffled sound of crying from the other side. Now and then he would hear the boy sob loudly and cry out. It hurt his soul to listen to his crying sound. Seonghwa slid down the door and sat on the floor, exhausted and overthrown by the situation. A little voice in his head told him what was wrong, he knew. But he kept praying to the heavens that he was wrong. "Yeosang... I'm your father Yeosang... I love and support you, but also my duty to protect you... I know that you're not okay, baby. Please, open the door and let me help you... Please don't cry alone"

The parent waited for another five minutes, then he stood up from the floor. His son wouldn't open the door and he was out of words to say. Seonghwa hadn't noticed the few tears rolling down his cheeks. He gathered himself and wiped them off his face, then went back downstairs. Of course, Yeosang needed him but his other children were also worried and waiting for him. As he arrived in the dining room he breathed out a little relief. Yunho had warmed the food and was making sure everyone ate. Though San didn't look like he had much appetite.

"Papa... is Yeosangie okay?" Jongho asked shyly as his father took his seat. "Why... why is Yeosangie crying?"

Seonghwa sighed and put his face in his head, then looked up with a forced, small smile. "Everything is going to be okay, Jongie, I promise you. Your brother needs a little time right now, mhm?" he replied and forced himself to eat that bite of food for his kids' sake. How could he swallow this? While his children had their meal, his eyes constantly went between San and Yunho. The two were keeping important information from him and he knew.

~

"He locked the door and I can't get in"

"... do you... you think that this-"

"Hongjoong I can't do this alone... it's nine pm and he hasn't come out of his room, San is sleeping with Yunho and Mingi and- and-"

"It's all going to be okay, Hwa. Please stay calm. I will save my stuff and come home... Then we can do this together, mhm?"

"Please hurry," Seonghwa said last and the line broke right after. His eyes were glued on the clock. Three hours ago the crying had died down. First, he was thankful, now he came to notice that it was way worse. The silence ate him whole. He could hear the second hand of the clock loud and clearly echo through the big house, it drove him crazy. Seongwha gathered himself again and went upstairs to the door he hoped to open soon. He knocked carefully first, and when there was no response, he tried to open the door. The blood in his ears rushed so loudly as he pressed down the door handle, and when it still didn't open the door, he felt like crying again.

The worst scenarios were playing in his head and the lack of noise from the other side just made it worse.

He had failed, Seonghwa knew. It had come this far that his son would rather cry alone for hours behind a locked door, than talk to him, than cry to him. It had been his worst nightmare and now it had become reality.