o70

"After years of no answers, we finally knew who was behind the name of Mars. And who would have thought that there would be a such heart-warming story to it too?" Yoon Soah began and then pointed over to Seonghwa "Mars, or more known as Kim Seonghwa! It's an honor to have you and Hongjoong here tonight!"

Seonghwa nervously smiled and spared a glance over to Hongjoong, begging for help. If he had known they would sit him so close to the edge and talk to him so directly he would have said no. "Ah, no, we have to thank you for inviting us" he gave back and hoped it didn't sound as forced as he thought it did.

"We counted, you have written the lyrics to 9 of 20 of Hongjoong's singles but you never published something under your own name, why?" she asked curiously.

Seonghwa shifted on the seat. "Music has always been a hobby of mine, unlike Hongjoong, it's his passion" he answered and tried to direct the interview in his direction. Hongjoong on the other hand was shooting daggers through his eyes at Yoon Soah.

"We treated the accomplishments we made always as ours, as it indeed was ours" Hongjoong added "I never dared to claim something he had wrote, so with my companies confirmation, we were allowed to give him the credit he deveres"

"Hongjoong, have you ever felt jealous?"

"for my own husband?" He replied dryly chuckling. "I've never felt prouder actually. Through out my career he has helped me on so many levels and I am happy and proud to say that I am the one to call him mine" Hongjoong held eye contact with Seonghwa for a moment, flushing his cheeks.

"Oh-ho flirty, Hongjoong... Seonghwa, have you ever felt jealousy that it was Hongjoong getting the recognition?"

"Why would I?" he gave back rather fast. Her questions upseted him, she was trying to hit something that wasn't there. "I never wanted 'recognition' in that way. Writing lyrics together had become a habit of us over the years as I helped him back in our high school days. I never wanted more, never less. Why would I be jealous, I am at the position I wanted" he replied and faked a pretty smile oh so perfectly.

He saw Yoon's brow twitch. "so humble, Mr. Kim, ah?" she turned back to Hongjoong which made Seonghwa catch his breath. While she asked his husband a coule questions, his eyes lingered on the camera that was focused on Hongjoong and Yoon Soah only. That was his chance to get the seat even a centimeter away from the edge. He felt like throwing up; he couldn't even count the driving cars, it was definitely too high.

"Seonghwa, do you think about returning in the job world after your yougest starts kindergarten this year?"

Seonghwa's head shot up, he tried to find a fitting answer fast. "Of course, that would be the best case. But I think we all know how the job world treats parents that have been at home for a longer period of time" he said, hoping that was enough for her.

"Really? Ah, I wouldn't bother if I was married to a rich man. Especially not with a low-paid job"

"... I think the branche gets underestimated. It's our duty to teach kids manners and socializing, what is okay and what not, so they can enter school. In many households it has become unnecessary, so it's on us. Unfortunately, there are always some foul fruits we couldn't save though" he replied much more confidently and watched her face burn red. "But back to your question and why I bother working. Just because I am doesn't mean I can't work for it"

"Seonghwa and I are equal in every aspect, and I would never tell him that he shouldn't work, though he doesn't have to" Hongjoong added to it "Equality is everything in a healthy relationship"

"Ah yes, you two are the nation's example of love" the interviewer changed then subject again to distract from her embarrassment. "Just little it public on how you two met as Hongjoong started his career as a married man and father - quite extraordinary with the young age of twenty one. Do you feel like it was rushed?" she asked direced at Seonghwa again.

"No I don't think so, it brought us to this point, didn't it? And right now I am where I dreamt to be" Hongjoong replied instead. "we felt ready, and we were"

"What if it affected your career?"

"But it didn't, did it? It was quite a minor problem. From begin with I have only been honest with my fans and it brought me here though" Hongjoong responded again. "in any case, I am husband and father first, and up until now it has never been a problem which I am so grateful for"

"You have a close relationship with your fans, Hongjoong, you proved it many times. But have you ever had any experiences with them, Seonghwa?"

Seonghwa was sure she was implying to the one time thing where he had snapped and grabbed a pack if nuggets back a couple years ago. He wouldn't give her what she wanted though. "of course I have, they are lovely in every aspect" he replied "through the daily life we encounter each other quite often and I think it's cute and heartwarming that they for example ask me if I need help bringing the groceries to the car of if the kids and Hongjoong are actually doing well. It's genuine"

"Ah! The kids, this brings us to my next question. Seonghwa, it's no secret that you raise your kids quite... feminine and many say it's wrong to do so, how do you deal with the backlash?"

Seonghwa shifted to the edge of his seat. "We're not raising them feminine, we're raising them genderless. I don't think pushing children in a certain direction is good for their psyche as they will grow up with a certain picture of male and female. So, to prevent this, we let them be who they want. If my son wants to play with dolls rather than cars that's fine, if the other way that's fine. I think the picture of how a boy and a girl has to be that we still have isn't accurate" he gave back as polite as he could. His hands were in fists on his lap, as if it was the only thing holding him together. He could feel the cool breeze in his back, the distant noise of traffic.

"You're so confident, Seonghwa! Ah... I see that our time is running up... Before we need to say goodbye, we would love to see both of you perform for us!" Yoon Soah said and then pointed over to the band on the other edge of the plattform. Hongjoong hadn't noticed them being there. Seeing his husband's help-searching eyes, Hongjoong took over. "Ah, of course" he said "But unfortunately Seonghwa doesn't have a microphone like I do and we wouldn't want to waste much time. I hope I am enough?" he asked chucking like it was a joke.

"Oh that's no problem, we have plenty of microphones there that are already pre-set. We wouldn't miss this one-time chance to hear him sing live!"

Hongjoong gave up and guided him and Seonghwa over to the band. He catched a glance over the low railings and it was too high even for him. They took seat on the high stools and someone brought them Hongjoong's microphone and a regular one. "Take mine" he said and grabbed the regular one "the last and first time I got one of these it's had bad settings. What a coincidence, huh?" he added with a dry chuckle.

"What about you-"

"I would rather fuck up than have you take a bad mic"

"Ah! Language!" Seonghwa gasped and slapped his shoulder playfully. Internally he was so thankful that he one, wasn't sitting alone anymore and could hold onto him to cool his nerves, and two, that Hongjoong let him have his well-set microphone.

Music began playing behind them, it played the one ballad from his album and Seonghwa couldn't be more grateful that it wasn't written in a high key. He didn't know if he could hit any high notes in his state.

But at some point everyone else got blurred out and it was only him and his husband, and soft background music. At some point, he felt confident enough. He would do this, for Hongjoong and himself.

-
Hey, how are you doing?

So, I got asked if I would do a halloween special and I thought, hell yeah! So I wrote one yesterday, that's why this update didn't come up last night. The special is quite long😗✌️

I'm not good at writing horror, so it's not horror, but I guess halloween set?
I will be up tonight, around 21CET, so stay tuned

Ahhh I'm getting emotional because this book will end soon and it breaks my heart🥺 ah- I will save my tears when the day comes--

So, I hope you have a great day!

-gulkurusubb