o13

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Why does Mingi look like a butch lesbian?"

Hongjoong chocked on his spit, coughed it out. "Like a wha-"

"Like a butch lesbian. Why is my baby's head shaved? Hongjoong I've been gone for not a day and Jongho crashed his baby walker so hard that it broke, Wooyoung floated the bathroom and Mingi's head is shaved"

Hongjoong kept silent for a minute. Hearing the day's events like this really hit different. Oh hell yeah he had a made a bad start. "I don't know how... I swear I don't know when and how all that happened"

Seonghwa loudly sighed, wiped over his face and massaged his temples.

"Well at least he likes the new haircut. And the bathroom is going to be fully dry tomorrow too. And for Jongho, maybe it was just the time to get rid of it. He can walk when you support him, so he doesn't necessarily need it anymore" Hongjoong tried to excuse it with as much positivity he could gather at this hour. "I got everything under control, don't worry. They were a little bit caught off guard today because it's new that you're not here" Hongjoong explained and sighed.

"I swear when I'm calling tomorrow and another one is missing his beautiful coconut haircut, you're dead" Seonghwa said, clearly joking. A moment of silence passed, before he broke it with a soft chuckle. "Mean of you to send me to the same hotel we went to for our honeymoon"

"Ah? Mean? I thought you would like to relive some memories there. I remember you really liked the island at night" Hongjoong innocently grinned, stifled a soft laugh.

Seonghwa rolled his eyes in annoyance but couldn't hide the smile creeping up on his lips.

The couple enjoyed a little talk before they decided to end the call, as it was getting late. They hung off and Hongjoong made his way upstairs to check on the kids. But before that he silently changed into his own pajamas, then went on to knock on the twin's and Wooyoung's room.

As expected, Wooyoung was cuddling with San as a alternative for Shiber. Yeosang sat up a little, looking at his father with expecting eyes.

"Can you read us a story from that book there?" San asked, peeking over the blanket. It was covering everything up to just beneath his nose.

"Of course" Hongjoong agreed, took the book from the nightstand and sat in the big seat. He went through the different short stories and decided for a random one. The boys got comfortable, closed their eyes and listened to their father's reading. It was indeed so soothing, that after one page, Wooyoung had been send to dreamland. Yeosang had followed not long after and at last San was sleeping safe and sound too. With dimming their sleeping light and putting the book back, he left the room, proceeded to go to the next one.

Next door Mingi and Yunho were waiting. When the opened the door, they were booth sitting on Yunho's bed, the older reading him his comics. When they noticed their father at the door, Mingi rushed back in his own bed.

"It's too late to read comics, you should be trying to sleep already" Hongjoong said, stemming his hands at his hips. The boys exchanged a few devilish looks with each other. They were planning to continue their reading session after their father was gone. It was an old trick Hongjoong knew all too well. "How about I read you a bedtime story too, so you have it easier to fall asleep, ah?" he wouldn't let them pull an all-nighter to read comics. His kids again exchanged glances, this time slight disappointment in their eyes.
Hongjoong went to the shelf and grabbed a book. Le petit prince.
He sat down between the two beds, in the carpet and leaned against the wall. "Lay down you two, Daddy's going to read you to sleep. No all-nighters"

~

Hongjoong felt something heavy crawl on the bed; it dipped a little next to him. Shooked by the shifting beside him the man was wide awake the next second. He sat up immediately, looking what was laying down next to him. Turns out, San and Wooyoung were nesting in, and Mingi was standing in the door frame, unsurely looking in the room. Hongjoong sighed with a smile on his face. He waved Mingi in and everyone shifted on the bed so he had enough room. The bed of the wedded couple was quite big, four grown man could easily fit on it. When they got comfortable and Hongjoong was about to drift off to sleep again, his bedroom door was opened again, now Yeosang and Yunho standing there. Again, he waved them in and they started shifting places. Yeosang was closing the door behind him but did it with a little too much force, the clicking sound loudly echoing in the room. And just as Hongjoong had feared, it woke Jongho up. Maybe the youngest had one flaw in his sleeping. He was a pretty light sleeper at times. "Okay boys just make a little room so I can get Jongho too..." he instructed and climbed out of his bed. For sure it was to late for all this but it warmed his heart too. The baby was making grabby hands at his father, his little tears shimmering under his night light. "Ah, Daddy's angel, please don't cry. My ears can't take that anymore..." Hongjoong picked Jongho up and leaned him against his chest and shoulder, caressing his back. Carefully he sat back on his bed, somehow moving to the middle. Jongho was falling asleep again on him, so laying down wasn't an option anymore. From the right, Wooyoung was cuddling his side, from the left Mingi. Behind him Yeosang and Yunho, on the right holding onto Wooyung's back was San. The youngest had fallen asleep on Hongjoong's chest, which reminded him of Yunho's toddler times. Yunho used to love sleeping on Hongjoong's chest, he insisted to. Jongho loved this position too, the only difference beeing that his favorite was Seonghwa.

"I love you" the promised before falling asleep himself.

-
Hey! How are you?
Y'ALL. Y'ALL THE TRILER FOR INCEPTION- I CAN'T

What are your thoughts?

Now more or less bad news. I don't know how often I will be able to upload the next like... three weeks due to personal reasons. I hope you can understand! But I will surely be writing.

Please stay healthy and safe.

-gulkurusubb