o38

For a silent while they kept their position, not daring to move. Hongjoong let out what he had bottled up in form of breathless sobbing, soundless crying. He felt like burning form inside, his heart felt burned to ashes. It had been years, and he still fell for it; the facade of unconditional love of his parents. How dumb he felt now, how naive he was. He knew, he knew it deep down but he didn't want to believe it. Here he was now again, crying out his eyes in Seonghwa's chest.

The older kept on caressing the other's hair, back, calming him down as good as possible. He didn't speak, there was nothing to say. Jangmi had played her game again and had won; she had again put something between the married couple. Seeing his husband in that condition, made Seonghwa regret confronting his mother-in-law. But another voice told him it had been the right thing, and hopefully it would be the last time he had tot do such a thing.

~

"Papa! San stole my pants!"

"These are mine!"

"Oh God why can't they just share-" Seonghwa breathed out before heading to the room of the twins. "But you're not wearing these today anyway, Yeoang. Why can't he wear them today?"

"He always wears my clothes! He should wear his own!"

"Ah! But they look better on me~!" San replied, sticking out his tongue and bolting out of the room.

"Papa!" Yeosang whined and was about to chase his twin, but his father hold him back in last minute.

"I will talk with San, baby, but you both have school today. So please behave there and let us talk about it when you're back, ah?" he said suggesting, even though there was no other option. "Now finish getting ready, your Dad is already waiting"

Yeosang rolled his eyes, but did as he was told. He still had to go and eat his breakfast. The boy ran down the stairs and attended the breakfast Yunho and Wooyoung were already enjoying. "You're in time for once" he commented, impressed by Wooyoung being ready before him.

"you're mean... I'm always in time" he replied, munching his food.

"Of course" Yunho said, chuckling. "I can't remember that you usually come down the stairs half dressed to eat breakfast last minute, noo~"

Wooyoung wanted to argue, he had already lifted his hand, but there was nothing he  could reply. Because Yunho wasn't lying. "Meanies"

~

The house fell silent after Hongjoong left to drop off the kids. It was only Seonghwa and little Jongho left behind. Actually, Seonghwa wanted to take a couple minutes of pure silence before he had to start his routine.

"Baba~!" Jongho called out "Jongie wan play!" he whined, holding onto his father's lap. "Pwease!"

"But Baba has to start his day, bunny. Let's play later"

"Mhm-hm!" he replied, still insisting. The toddler was dead bored alone at home. He felt Wooyoung's absence a lot. They would make a mess in the living room, play bowling with the baby walker, or just pass the ball for hours. But it was fun to then and now that Wooyoung was at kindergarten Jongho was left alone. "Pwease, pwease, Baba play wit Jongiee~" he tried again, this time using his big eyes to convince his father. "Uuyoung not play wit Jongie... Pwease"

Seonghwa's heart melted. There was no way he could resist. "Aww, are you lonely without Wooyoung, bunny?" he cooed, sitting down on the floor in front of Jongho. "Okay, come on, let's play together"

~

"Where are you right now?"

"just dropped off the kids and doing grocery shopping"