113

"You did great today," Seonghwa praised and planted a kiss on Wooyoung's forehead.

The family had finally arrived at their home after the long night. The evening had been quite eventful and exhausting for the Kim kids. These gatherings just drained them to the bone. Too many noisy people. It wasn't that they didn't like socializing, they were quite the out-goers even, but there was something about the people at the business gatherings that just didn't fit with them. On these days, they were so thankful for Chan and his siblings for being there with them.

"We won't have to go there anytime soon again, I promise," the parent added and tucked the boy in, then turned to his youngest who was patiently waiting for his goodnight peck. "Mhm~ Jongie did well too," he chuckled and pressed a short kiss on the crown of the boy's head.

"Right? I was good today!" he sleepily mumbled and snuggled into his bed. "Goodnight, Papa," he muffled into the blanket and closed his eyes, too exhausted to stay awake any second longer.

"Goodnight, bunny," Seonghwa said softly "Sleep well, Wooyoung, mhm?"

"Goodnight, Pa~"

Seonghwa left the room and finally entered his own. He and Hongjoong took turns in checking up on the kids, today had been his turn. Much to his husband's convenience.

Hongjoong had taken the twenty minutes he had to prepare his own little 'after-show-party'. He had grabbed two wine glasses, the expensive bottle from the shelf in the basement. It was ridiculous how Seonghwa still kept the alcohol somewhere high where he couldn't reach it without a step-on. But he had overcome that obstacle. Hongjoong took a last look around their bedroom and nodded at himself in approval. The lights dimmed, the wine ready and candles lit for the extra feeling. Just as he turned, the door opened and Seonghwa stepped foot into the room.

His brows rose in surprise and a soft, excited chuckle rolled over his lips. "Mhm~ I thought celebrations are over?" he purred and let his husband fill his last glass of alcohol for the month.

"the one for everyone else is... but I felt the urge to set this up for the actual person we should thank" he replied and approached the elder. Hongjoong stood on his tiptoes for a second and pressed a small peck on the elder's lips before giving him his glass. "Thank you for making this all possible for me"

Seonghwa cracked a flushed smile and held onto the younger. "You built it yourself, Hongjoong. I don't like it when you don't give yourself the credit for your work"

Hongjoong took a breath and circled his glass, a little in thought. "I don't think I would have this ambition if I didn't have you and our children... no, I know that it's you and the beautiful things that you gave me; it keeps me going and reach higher and higher" he replied and leaned his head against the elder's chest. It was warm and soft, just like he was. Seonghwa had always been the warmth and softness in his once so cold and harsh life. "I love you"

Seonghwa's lips puffed and suddenly he softened. "I love you too ~" he gave back, his voice almost whiny. He felt guilt scratch at him as he couldn't find the right words to put together. Hongjoong had this natural talent of always knowing the right word at the right time, and to this day his little confessions stole his breath and made him feel young again. And he wished so bad that once he would be able to his sweet as honey words.

"Ahh... this took a quite emotional turn~ I haven't planned that. No, back to the track-" Hongjoong called and uncoiled himself from his husband's grip. He carefully skipped to the commode and grabbed the remote for the stereo system. He played slow music in low volume and extended his hand. "May I ask for a dance?" he grinned and put his half-finished glass on the commode, next to the remote.