Pilot

It was date night for the newly wedded couple. It's been one and a half years, but according to their friends, Hongjoong and Seonghwa still behaved like a 'just got married' couple. Not that they minded.

Today it was Seonghwa's turn to plan date night. He had made soft tofu stew for dinner and picked a movie to watch later on. He decorated their dinning room - which was the same room as their living room - with scented candles and dimmed the lights.

Seonghwa's phone lit up, a text from Hongjoong.
Just got off work, on my way now. Can't wait to see you♡

Seonghwa smiled to himself. Yes, even his messages made him still feel like they just met.
The man heated up the stove, so the food would be warm when his husband finally arrived.

Hongjoong had signed a contract with a label just a year ago and was working non-stop since. He wasn't unemployed, but things were going at a low pace with the label, so Hongjoong worked two part time jobs at the same time. It wasn't like they lacked financially, but Hongjoong wanted his future to be hundred percent secured, so he tried to balance everything at the same time. It was really just their date nights when the two had time alone. From mornings to late noon Seonghwa was working as a kindergarten teacher and when he came home, Hongjoong would be on his way to the studio already.

Maybe that was the reason they still felt so newly wedded, they didn't really had a lot of time to spent together.

Seonghwa heard keys open the door and his face immediately lit up. "I'm home", Hongjoong shouted from the hallway. He took in the light smell of food in the air. "Mhmm... Soft tofu stew. Yes, it was a good decision to marry you", he said chuckling and was greeted my a small peck on his lips.

Seonghwa took Hongjoong's bag, head shaking. "Sure, who else would stay up, make you food and wait until-", he stole a glance at the clock, "11pm"

"I know I promised to get off earlier. But I really needed to finish this track today. And traffic was hell today. But, it's date night", Hongjoong said as he slipped his arm around Seonghwa's waist, "and I am not missing this night. Just us and your delicious food"

"You're starving aren't you?"

"Didn't eat since you brought me lunch"

Seonghwa shook his head. A grown up man, but he still can't take care of himself.

They entered the dining room and Seonghwa sat Hongjoong down as soon as he came back from the bathroom. He put the pod on the table, filled their plates. Seonghwa noticed Hongjoong's following eyes on him, he rose his brow.
"Why are you staring? Are you that hungry?"

"Nah, just debating what to eat first", Hongjoong replied winking, earned a playful hit on the head. "Yah!", he wined over dramatically.

Seonghwa just rolled his eyes and sat down. They started eating, talking about how their day went.
"It was pretty stressful today, we have a new kid. She's pretty shy, she didn't want to let go of her mom", Seonghwa said thinking back at the little girl, Soojin. She was a pretty sweet girl and was just nervous about the new environment.

"She's just not used, I'm sure she will warm up until friday. Who wouldn't, when their teacher was you. You're great with children", Hongjoong commented slightly grinning but proceeded his dinner.

Seonghwa just observed his husband for a moment. "Is everything okay Hongjoong?", he asked worried tilted his head slightly to the side. Something just didn't fit. His husband was quiet tonight. Normally he would be whining about the mentor the label gave him. How strict he was, that his mentor was going to make him lose his mind, but that he respected and low key really liked him. But tonight, Hongjoong was quiet.

"Yeah, yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know, you seem a little off...", Seonghwa replied and turned back on finishing his food just as his husband.

Hongjoong was setting up the movie, while Seonghwa cleaned the table and grabbed some snacks before coming back. "Don't you want to change first? I know you will fall asleep, I don't want you to sleep in the clothes you wore outside", Seonghwa asked as he let himself plump down on the couch. He held a big bowl of popcorn in his arms, snacked now and then.

"Yeah I should", Hongjoong agreed, made his way toward their bedroom. "Don't eat all the popcorn!", he shouted from the hallway.

"You're the one who snacks too much", the taller male yelled back chuckling, continued snacking the popcorn.
As Seonghwa was waiting for Hongjoong to come back, he noticed that he left his phone on the couch. It lit up.
Yonghwan
You can't chicken out now, Joongie.
Just ask.
Always there to comfort your if you want to cry, wouldn't be your first time ;)

Seonghwa's brow rose at the messages. Out of curiosity I grabbed his phone and was about to unlock it, as Hongjoong came back, changed in his sleeping clothes.

"You got messages", Seonghwa said and handed Hongjoong his phone, who checked the texts before putting his phone away immediately. "Who is it?"

"Ah, just my mentor spamming me about some work stuff" Hongjoong grabbed the remote and made himself comefotable on the couch, opening his arms. "Come here I need a good cuddle", he said pouting, making grabby hands at Seonghwa, who let himself fall in his husband's arms with little protest. Seonghwa made himself comfortable on Hongjoong's lap and placed the bowl of popcorn in his own. They started the movie and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Now and then Seonghwa fed his husband popcorn in return of some kisses.

Seonghwa was focused on the movie, taking in he current scene. It was a family reunion, after the father was separated from his little son for years and finally they found each other again. It was no secret that Seonghwa tend to get emotional during movies, so he just let out a little sniff.

"Aww no, baby" Hongjoong tightened his grip around him and partes slight kissed on his husbands hair.

"It's just... They didn't deserve to be separated. The kid didn't deserve what he went through on his own", he sniffed but collected his nerves again.

A silent moment passed until Hongjoong finally gathered up all the courage and cleared his throat. "You know, I wanted to ask you something...", he finally spoke, making Seonghwa turn to him. "Well you see... What I wanted to ask you is if... I know we have been married for only a year but..." Hongjoong could feel the courage leaving him as Seonghwa practically stared directly in his soul. "I don't know if we are ready, but I guess you never really are and... But I'm sure that-", Hongjoong cut himself off, when he saw the confused and worried look on his husband's face.

Come on, just say it.

He took a deep breath. "Seonghwa, I want children with you"

Time stopped, for both of them. The silent seconds seemed as long as hours.

Hongjoong was about to dismiss what he said but then Seonghwa captured his lips, smiling in the kiss. Shock was written all over Hongjoong's face as Seonghwa pulled back and cupped his face. Seonghwa on the other hand was smiling wide with blushing cheeks and sparkling eyes. "I would love to have kids with you, Hongjoong", he said growing his smile, if it was even possible.

"Really? This is no dream?"

"No dream, love", he assured, leaned in for another kiss.

The night ended with them cuddling and talking about the idea of having kids running around the house. How Hongjoong wanted at least three kids but Seonghwa thought that they would have to move out of their small apartment. They kept building a perfect future together until both fell asleep with a contend smile spread over their faces.

~
Hello! This was the first part of this book. It doesn't really have a story line but somehow does >.< as you have probably noticed, my English isn't very good as it isn't my first language. If you spot grammar or spelling errors, please tell me. I would love to improve my English with your help!