o35

"Hey, Mom, so breakfast is ready in the kitchen, the kids are in the living room. Seonghwa and I have to go now, or else we're going to be late. Call, if something happens. Bye!" Hongjoong told his mother, gave her a fade kiss on the cheek. He pulled Seonghwa fast with him outside, so that he didn't have the chance to greet his mother-in-law. But on the inside he was actually thankful for that.

~

"This is stupid"

"Yeah. It's stupid that I didn't think of it earlier" Hongjoong replied unfazed and continued driving. In his head the whole picture was already painted, it did make him grin. He stole side glances at his pouting husband, how he was deep in thoughts, again debating with himself. Softly, Hongjoong grabbed Seonghwa's hand with his right one, putting both on the gear shifter. Hongjoong kept his unbothered face, saw Seonghwa rolling his eyes but smile flustered in the corner of his eyes. "Yeah, this is stupid, love"

~

The boys stood in a row, eyeing their grandmother surprised. They weren't used to the parents of Hongjoong that much, there was always a gap between them. That was different with Seonghwa's parents, they seemed to be more warm, they saw them more often even though Hongjoong's parents lived much closer. Yunho, as the oldest, saw it as his duty to say something but the little boy didn't really know how to address his grandmother properly. "Uhm... Hello grandmaother Jangmi...?" he stuttered.

The older woman rose her brow unimpressed. What did I expect of his skills as a parent? They don't even know how to talk properly.

~

"So I have good news!" the doctor announced as he came back into the room. He seated himself in the seat across from the couple holding some papers in his hands. "First, Mr. Kim is very healthy, just a little high blood pressure but I dare to say that's just excitement" he said, a wide smile across his face "hereby I can confirm that you are pregnant. Congratulations!"

Hongjoong, who already had his suspensionys, looked over to Seonghwa whose world seemed to stand still. His head was spinning, nausea was coming back way faster than he could control. And it was to late already. He threw up all over the floor.

"Overwhelmed I see..."

"I-I am so sorry, I-I-"

"It's okay, we will get that cleaned up"

The couple apologized again and again, excused themselves. They found their way to their car fast, speedwalking away in embarrassment. When they reached their car, Seonghwa took his first breath, still feeling the need to just throw up whatever he had in his stomach. He was feeling miserable, while Hongjoong literally glowed. "How can you still smile? I just threw up over the floor"

"Ah? And that's a reason to not be happy? Seonghwa we're going to have a baby!" he cheered, holding both his husband's hands. "We're going to be nine" he added, much quieter as his emotions kicked in and his eyes got glassy. "Our family is growing, Hwa"

Seonghwa started to really process, the doctor's words repeated in his head, Hongjoong's kept echoing, making him finally believe. When he did, his hands started shaking. "We're having an-another-... I-" his one hand found his way to where his bump would be. He cracked a smile, a tear of joy and excitement escaping his eye.

They would be graced by another angel.

~

"You missed the turn?" Seonghwa marked confused.

"No" Hongjoong replied "don't you think we need new furniture now? I'm not taking two kids in our bedroom again. We did it once with the twins, nope, not again" he chuckled, turning in to the next Ikea. "Ah, I think Jongho is ready to move out!"

"Yah! Don't say it like that! And who said that?"

"Hwa, he's going to turn two in a couple weeks. And Wooyoung is getting to old for his bed now"

~

"Let's not tell your mother right away" Seonghwa asked as they came closer to their home. "I don't want everyone to know just yet"

"Why? Aren't that good news?"

"Yes but..." Seonghwa sighed. There was a long history of him and his mother-in-law. And it wasn't all bright and joyful as he hoped it would be. He just didn't want to give her material to talk about, he knew very well that she held a big dislike towards him. "I don't want anyone to know in general... It's just to early. We can tell them when it's getting noticeable"

"If you say so"

~

Seonghwa locked open the door, finally entering his home. He actually expected loud screaming and pure chaos, as that always happened whenever they left the kids with Yonghwan or Seonghwa's brother. But it was suspiciously quiet.

They walked in, catching the kids in the living room. "Yunho, where is grandma?" Hongjoong asked his eldest. Yunho looked up at his parents, shrugging his shoulders.

"She said she needs to go to the bathroom a while ago"

Hearing that, Seonghwa's turned on his heels, up the stairs. Oh how well he knew where she was. He was fixed on the bedroom door, it was a crack open. "Searching the bathroom I see" he commented as he watched his mother-in-law search through his things.

"Ah! Seonghwa my favorite son-in-law!" she turned around, her face gracing a devilish smirk "of course, just searching the bathroom" she said, approaching him "You won't tell Hongjoong, will you, ah?"

The elder woman passed him, exited his bedroom. Just as he had thought, that woman would never change. He looked through the room. He needed to clean every little spot now, he wouldn't stay a night in there if otherwise. Just looking at the spot she had stood made him want to vomit again.

He closed the door firmly behind him, making sure the sound was heard downstairs. Seonghwa came back, catching Hongjoong talking to his mother. "Of course you can stay until dinner, it's noon already anyway. We would love to have you here just a little longer, right Hwa?"

"Of course" Seonghwa replied, putting in his brightest smile. "I wouldn't mind at all"

-
Hello! How are you doing?

I'm sorry that I didn't update yesterday, I was really tired and fell asleep ^^'

I hope this chapter is good enough for now, hopefully tomorrow I will have the second part done ;)

Please stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb