oo4

"Okay, so this is the list. Yunho knows where to find what and... Yeah, that's it. We will be back around 8 pm okay?", Seonghwa shouldered Jongho's baby bag and checked for his keys again. Today's plan was going shopping for the kitchen and some clothes for Yunho, because his pants were, again, getting short. Other than that, the twins and Mingi had a play date rendezvous with some kids from kindergarten. Hongjoong had told Seonghwa that he wanted to talk to Yunho himself, that his son may be more comfortable if the 'loose' father talked to him about it. So, they agreed on splitting for today and let Yunho have a little privacy with his father. Parents' day was next week, Seonghwa would make sure to bring hell over their teachers for not noticing anything.

"Papa! Come on, we're going to be late!", Mingi yelled from outside. Agreeing yells from San and Yeosang followed close behind.

"Don't let them wait. We will be just fine", Hongjoong assured and kissed his husband goodbye.

Seonghwa nodded and smiled before bending down to Yunho. He cupped his cheeks and lightly pinched them. "While I'm gone you are the man in the house, na?", he joked and earned a faked gasp from Hongjoong but Yunho giggled in an agreeing manner. "Have fun, okay?" Seonghwa smiled and pushed back the sadness that came automatically. He couldn't blend out the thought that his son couldn't tell him that he wasn't feeling well. He kissed him on his forehead and stood up straight again, walking out where Jongho's stroller was standing. They waved goodbye and started walking to the playground. It was quite far and they didn't visit it that much. Much to the kids' displeasure but having privacy sometimes was a little hard and Seonghwa didn't what the boys to be exposed to the media. Of course, being the family of a well-known artist and at the time having the privilege of unconditional privacy wasn't something they could enjoy. There was no way on remaining unnoticed by the media but he sometimes wished there was. It wasn't that he completely disliked that Hongjoong was quite famous, quite the opposite because that meant his husband was loved by many, that his dream came true. But now and then some people were getting annoying and he was tried of filing lawsuits. It wasn't all bad, no, so many were so kind and respectful and had sense of personal space. He found them cute actually, how they would recognize them in public and just wave and smile excitedly. Or how some send presents for the kids to the label when it got revealed that another was on its way. Well, that got banned after Mingi's birth, Hongjoongs label didn't like that. Yes, a lot of them were really sweet to them but these little exceptions made a daily life hard.  

"Can we get ice cream on the way?", San asked turning his head back to face his father. 

"We can get ice cream with your friends later. Don't you think that would be a lot better?", Seonghwa responded while pushing the stroller. Wooyoung was tightly holding San's hand, while Yeosang and Mingi were running back and forth on the sidewalk. "Hey, no running here! We will be at the park soon, you can play there", Seonghwa sternly said and gave both of them a serious look. 

Meanwhile, Hongjoong and Yunho had the house for themselves for the day. They decided to first clean up a little as that would make Seonghwa happy for sure and then went upstairs to change. They couldn't go grocery shopping in pyjamas. Hongjoong was done first so he went to check up on Yunho to see what took him so long. When he arrived in his room, he was Yunho laying out multiple pairs of jeans measuring which one was long enough. "You are growing so fast", Hongjoong sighed and went to help his son.

"One day I will be taller than you!", Yunho laughed. "They barely reach my ankles", he whined while eyeing his pants. 

Hongjoong tilted his head to the side. "Well, this type of pants are in fashion right now, you can still wear them... But that way they look a little boring, don't you think?"

"My pants aren't boring!", Yunho responded a little offended and crossed his arms, making his father laugh. 

"No, no. But what if we just make them look a little more... exciting?" Now, Hongjoong had Yunho's full attention. He grabbed the short pants and left the room, Yunho following close behind. "Here, take these and wait in the backyard. I'll be right back", he said giving Yunho his pants and then going through the house. They must be in the study. When he came back with his utensils, Yunho's eyes widened. "How about we make them look like new?", Hongjoong grinned while approaching his son with all the paint and brushes in his arms. A bug and wide smile appeared on the young boy's face, he was full with excitement.