oo1

A loud cry woke Seonghwa up, making him groan. As he opened his eyes, he saw that it was still dark outside. The crying didn't die down, soft sobs could be heard from the crib next to his bed. Seonghwa stood up, walked to the crib, and picked up his crying baby. Jongho was actually the quietest between all his siblings, but in the last few weeks, he didn't let his parents sleep.
Seonghwa leaned Jongho against his chest, right above his heart, and stroked his back. "It's okay, baby. Ssshhh" Jongho's face in his chest muffled the little sobs, which broke Seonghwa's heart. "Papa's little angel. I'm here, Papa is here", he softly whispered as he felt Jongho slowly driving off. He was about to lay him back down when his baby started whining again as soon as his butt touched his own bed. So he took him back in his arms and signed softly. It was going to be a long night. Seonghwa sat down on his own bed in a semi laying position. He couldn't lay down completely, because Jongho was sleeping on his chest. But he couldn't sit up straight, because he wouldn't be able to sleep like that. Seonghwa yawned, started humming a sweet lullaby for his baby. He was dead tired, but he couldn't sleep before Jongho was. "I hope in the future, you will experience these things with your kids too. You know, the sleepless nights", he whispered honestly, but a little scolding. "But don't grow up too fast" Seonghwa stroked Jongho's back in circular motions. "Papa's heart couldn't take it", he breathed and pressed a light kiss on his baby's head.

His heart really wouldn't be able to see his youngest grow up. No, for Seonghwa, Jongho should stay the little baby he was right now. Time flew so fast, Yunho was getting seven this year. His eldest baby was in first grade already. "No, Jongho. Don't grow up at all. Papa's heart for sure couldn't take that"

The bedroom was empty, except for the two. Hongjoong was on tour, bringing his music closer to his fans, touring around Korea. It was sad, that Seonghwa was used to this, being all alone with the kids. But he was in no position to complain, Hongjoong worked hard so they could live comfortably like this. Due to the kids being always a year or two apart, Seonghwa was at home for seven years now. And with him being at home, Hongjoong had made it to his first priority to bring money home no matter how. It's not like Seonghwa wished Hongjoong had another passion, he was proud of the path his husband had walked. But sometimes he couldn't help but feel lonely. 

~

The next morning passed just like every other morning. First thing Seonghwa prepared the lunches for Yunho, the twins, and Mingi. Then he went upstairs and woke them up, helped them in their clothes, and looked over them while they were brushing their teeth.

"It's so boring going to school alone", Yunho whined as he packed his lunch box in his backpack. "All my friends have older siblings who are in the upper classes... They are so cool"

"You're going to be a cool upper-class brother for Yeosang and San next year too", Seonghwa answered smiling at his oldest son's pouty lips.

San looked at Yeosang and leaned over to him. "I don't want to go there", he whispered, packing his plushie in his backpack. Yeosang just nodded in agreement and glanced over at Yunho's full backpack. It was bigger and heavier than his own. "I don't want to do homework", San quietly added.

"It was so much fun when we were in kindergarten together", Yeosang said to himself and looked over to Mingi, who seemed to be sleeping while standing. He just gave him a kick. "Wake up! Or we're going to be late because of you again!"

"You didn't have to kick me...", Mingi mumbled and rubbed all over his face. Oh sweet sleep, there was nothing he wouldn't do for it. "I'm sooo tired..."

"You should have slept earlier", Yunho said back from the door, already putting on his shoes.

"Didn't you sleep well, baby?", Seonghwa asked, ruffling through Mingi's hair.