136

"Are you free around this week?"

"Mhm... I need to check the schedule again, I have rehearsal with Jeonghan sometime this week and a conference with the production team for a new drama," Seonghwa hummed and turned the page of the schedule in his hand. He was neat, it had every appointment of the family written down. "Why? Did something happen?"

"Hm?... Nothing, just- it's been a long time since we both went out, you know?" Chaewon replied and sighed audibly. "it's fine though, don't stress yourself!"

A slight smile curled on Seonghwa's lips as he held the phone closer to his ear, looking through the schedule. "Ah, I'll find a night... Ah-here, Saturday this week?"

"Yeah that's fine, works with me."

There was a short silence between the old friends before Seonghwa took sörf again. "How's Yonghwan doing?"

"Fine... Fine, caught up in work as alway," she replied, "thank God we went on vacation last month. I don't think I'll see his face in some time."

"Oh tell me about that," the elder chuckled and looked at the clock, "men, all the same I tell you that... I need to go get ready now though, Chae."

"Ah, don't let me be in your way then! We'll see each other on Saturday then?"

"Mhm, I'll text you about it again. Take care."

"You too!"

The parent hung off and rubbed over his face before he gathered himself and finished his tea before climbing up the stairs again. He had around half an hour to get ready to be punctual for the meet up with his manager and the editor.

He was quite excited, was looking forward to that specific meet-up. Though Seonghwa didn't like keeping things from Hongjoong, this was something he wanted to do on his own. So, telling himself that the product of his hard work will be worth it, he prepared himself for the meeting. Elegant clothing, not too much but not casual, jewelry reduced to his watch and rings; both of them, his actual wedding ring and the one Hongjoong had gotten him five years ago.

Leaving the completely empty house still left such a bitter taste in his mouth. Time had began to fly so, so fast and there was nothing he could do against it. It was almost unbelievable how his eldest would start high school next year, how even Jongho was already in school. We was getting old and time was running, yet there was still so much he wanted to do.

~

"Should I be jealous that you never dress up like that when we go on dates?" Hongjoong asked as he leaned against the doorframe of his bedroom, watching his husband draw a perfectly winged, thin eyeliner over his lid. His eyes examine the outfit laid out on the bed; black dress pants, transparent shirt and a west, a midnight-blue jacket over it. "No, I am actually jealous."

Seonghwa chuckled and turned around to face his husband with warm eyes. "Ah~ Joongie~ don't be jealous, you get fed well, don't you think?" He winked and turned back to his mirror, a sly smirk on his lips as he tinted them slightly. "I'll make it up to you, mhm?"

"If that includes something in-between the lines of 'let's ship the kids to your mom for the weekend' or  'let's try out the new soundproofing pads in my studio' I might forgive you," the younger said quite serious and stood behind his husband. His hands laid on the elder's shoulders. Hongjoong's eyes were fixed on the mirror and the pretty reflexion. Slyly, his right hand traveled further, rested on the throat of the elder just loosely. Seonghwa didn't mind at all, relaxed even, leaning against the younger. He did raise his brow at Hongjoong though, quite curious about what he was thinking. "Wear that diamond choker, it would go well with the outfit," he said, the left hand reaching for the drawer with the accessories already. He picked out the one he was searching for and admired it for a moment, then put it around the elder's neck.

"You'll never stop being possessive, will you?" Seonghwa asked as he watched himself in the mirror, smirking slightly.

"No," Hongjoong replied boldly, "you wouldn't like it any other way would you?"

The elder shrugged a shoulder and rose from the seat when the shiny choker was secured around his neck. "No," he responded and pressed a quick kiss on Hongjoong's lips. "But I need to get dressed now, hm?

"If that's an indication for me to go out, no~" Hongjoong chuckled and lowered himself on the bed, crawled to the head of it and got comfortable.

"You're like a hormone-driven high school boy, you know that?"

"Oh I might be," Hongjoong replied and crossed his arms behind his head then looked up at the ceiling, facing the mirror there. There was a sudden change of climate in the room when he sighed.

"... stress, isn't it?... Do you want me to cancel?"

"No, just... Have a good time, you haven't been out in long, hm? I'll have a great time with the kids and then... We can talk about it," Hongjoong replied and put on a smile that looked just a little too forced. Yet Seonghwa knew that Hongjoong was never the type to hide a message behind the words he said; he would be open to what he wanted and needed when he needed it. It still didn't change the fact that it scratched at his conscience. "I'll be mad if you over think this now."

The elder pressed his lips in a line and approached the head of the bed, leaving a kiss on his husband's forehead. A sigh left his lips as his hand wove in his hair. "Ill be mad if you keep pushing it to the last moment..."

"I'm working on it."

"I know... I know"

-
Heyyaa

How are you doing?

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates these times... Yet I don't think it will get any better soon. I'm in the middle of exams over exams rn so-

I'm trying my best though!

Its like a vicious circle💀
Cause school causes me stress
This relieves my stress but takes a lot of time
Because I have little time, it stresses me with school-

Like bruh let me live why-:')

I'll see what I can do!

So... How have you all been? Let's talk a little, I've missed it!

Other than that,

Please stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb