161

The night found its end when Yunho climbed up the latter onto the garage. He threw his bag into his room through the agape open window and collapsed against the wall. Cold ate its way up his fingers and exhaustion had already been feeding off of him; never had living cost so much energy. When the teen looked up at the sky that already turned colors from dark-blue to grey-ish, and the stars disappeared, a breath fled his fragile lungs into the cold air in white steam. "Good morning," he wished himself as he hove himself up and climbed into the room to gather his school uniform and fresh underwear to put on after a shower.

~

"Why didn't you study? I thought you were good at this topic?" Yuqi asked as she read over Yunho's paper. "What happened?"

"Nothing. Just fucked up I guess," Yunho sighed and took back his paper to quickly put it in his bag. He lowered his head onto the table and closed his eyes for just a moment, welcoming the darkness to rest his eyes. His body felt like mush.

The girl looked her friend up and down, then put his coat on his back with no further comment. A sigh left her lips at last, then she turned back to prepare for their next class. Sometimes there were no words needed to know what Yunho had been stressing about. Over the month she had come to know him, it had come clear to her that he didn't need the verbal comfort as she did; Yunho only wanted understanding and support, words didn't do it for him. And all she could do for now was cover him while he slept and take detailed notes to give him later.

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed him twitch and try to keep his eyes open miserably. "I'm taking notes, take a nap. I'll wake you in an hour or so," she said and gave him no further attention as their math teacher entered the classroom.

~

Hongjoong looked at the set of jewelry Seonghwa had chosen to wear at the event. "I bought this for you on our seventh anniversary," he noticed, looking at his husband through the mirror. The set included silver asymmetrical earrings of which one had a star pendant and a matching watch. "I thought you wanted to go with something different?"

"I changed my mind," the elder gave back and changed into his sleeping clothes. Standing in front of their closet, Seonghwa decided to blow his surprise. He searched for the big black bag hidden between his other evening wears and turned to show his husband his new choice. "It's similar to the dress Mingi wanted to wear," he said as he opened the zipper to reveal the gown. "I want them to wear it, maybe I can encourage Mingi with this..."

Hongjoong turned to face the elder with a saddened smile on his lips. At first, he had felt rage, now there was a dull feeling of sadness left in his chest. Hongjoong pressed his lips in a line and nodded approvingly. Even the silence was loud, full of critique they threw at themselves. People were cruel and there was nothing they could do to protect their children from society; no matter how much they tried to give them support and acceptance at home. Outside of their four walls, people would throw their opinions at everyone and everything as if they had the right to.

"You know," Hongjoong called into the silence, "I think I want a haircut."

~

"Yunho," Kyungmin pushed himself between the team leader and the stereo.

"I don't have time for your games," Yunho gave back annoyed and grabbed the other by his shoulders to push him out of his way. But he was stubborn, wouldn't move away. "Kyungmin I'm serious."

"You look awful," he replied instead and moved Yunho's hands off his shoulders. "Take a break. We're all exhausted, especially you."

A dry laugh rolled over the leader's lips as he shook his head. "The event is this Friday, do you think we can afford a break?" Yunho tilted his head and rose his brow at the slightly taller. There was still so much to do, how could he be thinking about a break? "Don't worry your pretty head over me, I'm fine and think we need to continue this practice now. If you allow me," he gave back and pushed him out of his way. "Everyone, we'll start from the beginning."