o91

Seonghwa snuggled to Hongjoong's side, holding him tight. His body was tired by the events that had taken place over the past week, the train ride and the long shower just before.

Now he was finally home and in the secure arms of his husband. That's what he had needed a couple days ago, someone to hold him like that, let him mour in silence and cheer him up. It had been quite depressing with his family in Jinju, Seonghwa was just thankful to be where he felt safe now.

With his fingertips, Seonghwa he traced figures on his skin. "You should start to wear a top for bed now. It gets chilly during the night" he mumbled the skin of Hongjoong's chest. He was warm, nearly lulling him into sleep.

"It's still September... I won't catch a cold" Hongjoong gave back and brought his hand to Seonghwa's black hair. "are you growing it out?" he asked, playing with the rather long strands. Seonghwa just shrugged his shoulders. He usually got haircuts regularly, keeping it the same length as always. Maybe he could grow it out a bit? Try something else? "How is your Father feeling?"

"He's better now. His siblings came to the funeral and my aunt decided to stay for a while... I think he will be fine" Seonghwa replied and the turned from his side to his back. He stared up at the ceiling, the mirror they had mounted there when they had moved in. It had been Seonghwa's idea, he had seen it in a hotel room a couple years ago and found it would fit their bedroom too. Through the mirror, Hongjoong looked back and his husband, grabbing his hand to kiss its back. "we... We did all her favorite things that day. Rearranged her garden, played cards, ate the sweets she used to eat in her youth. And then I made dinner, put her to bed" a sad smile rushed over his lips for a second as he recalled the day "she took my hand like this and said goodnight. And I said goodnight and left... She looked so happy. That's why I can't be... Disappointed. She's happy now"

~

"Papa!" Mingi came up running to the man when he got a glance of him in the kitchen. "You're back! I missed missed missed you so much!" he clung around the parents legs. Soon enough everyone else heard Mingi's cheers and came into the kitchen to greet their father.

Seonghwa laughed and bent down to their level to fit everyone in a hug. "I missed you too" he said and pressed Mingi a kiss on the forehead. His morning tea was fast forgotten when his kids dragged him to the living room to shoot every possible question at him.

"ahh~ I see someone is excited, mhm?" Hongjoong joined the living room with Seonghwa's tea in his hand. "How about we let Papa start his morning right, have breakfast and then we have all the time of the world to show him how much we missed him, ah?" Hongjoong gave Seonghwa the cup of tea and lifted Jongho from his lap instead. He squished the sleepy boy's face a little. "I made breakfast already, come on"

~

Seonghwa's brows knitted when he noticed the stack of albums on the floor behind the couch. Curiously, he picked them up. Albums from his youth up to Jongho's little booklet. The man heard steps behind him and turned around. "Why are they here?" he asked Hongjoong who sat down next to him.

"Oh, the kids wanted to hear some stories about the pictures and I told them that we should do this together. In the end you most of them are your stories" Hongjoong replied and took the first album in his hands.

"Mhm... Does that mean you can tell us stories now?" Yunho asked shyly and entered the room with his brothers behind him. It looked like a mother duck with her five little baby's behind. They sat on the carpet in front of the couch and gave Seonghwa pleeding eyes he couldn't say no to.

"Mhm... I think I can" Seonghwa chuckled and opened the first page of the album Hongjoong was holding.

~