117 - valentine's day special

Chan sighed and looked up at the orange painted sky. "Ugh, my brothers are so... so disgusting-"

"Why? What do you mean?" Yunho asked and rolled his head over to his best friend. School had ended a couple of hours ago but they had dance practice at the club later that day, so they had decided to just spend time in the city instead. The sun was setting, meaning the sky got painted into beautiful, warm colors. Though the middle of February usually was cold, today was an exception. Yunho was actually sweating underneath his jacket. But he wouldn't dare open the zipper; he could imagine his father scolding him if he did.

"They got their partners flowers and shit," the elder said and turned his head to his best friend. "It's Valentine's day tomorrow and they have prepared all that stuff like- weeks ago- disgusting"

Yunho laughed. "You say that only because you're jealous!" the younger replied and looked back at the sky. "Don't feel lonely Channie~ I'll go eat jajangmyeon with you next month, mhm?"

"Yah!" Chan exclaimed, "respect your elders!" he added but couldn't hide a little laugh that crept its way up to his lips. "I'm not jealous. I just think it's so useless? If you love someone, just give them gifts at any time of the year? Why especially on the 14th February?" he questioned.

"Just let it go, let them have their Valentine's day" the younger replied and stood up. "Come on, we're going to be late again. I'm not taking another ass-beat because you wanted to sit here and cry over your single ass-"

"Tsk- the last time we were late it was because of you- You got your ass stuck in the gate of the metro"

"Having a fat ass brings struggles, flattie~"

"Say that again-"

~

"And behave!"

"Papa, we're not babies anymore..." Mingi rolled his eyes and went back inside.

"They are such angels, Seonghwa. I'm sure we will have a great day. You two go enjoy your date, mhm?" Chaewon smiled warmly at her friend.

"I'm so sorry to ask you to this- you should be at home with Yonghwan-"

"No worries- He ditched me for work anyway. Spending time with the kids is just what I need right now" the woman rolled her eyes annoyed and looked back at the elder. "Now go, looks like hubby Hong does not possess any patience" she chuckled and sent her friend off.

Seonghwa rose his brows at the younger. "Oh- we'll definitely talk about that-" he breathed out and turned to Hongjoong, who was impatiently leaning out of the car window. "He's behaving like five- Hongjoong I'm coming- please get back inside-" he yelled back at his husband and looked at his friend for the last time. "We won't be away for long. There is dinner ready on the stove, we have ice cream in the fridge too... see you tonight," he said and finally departed from his door to get to the car. Before getting in the returned the wave Chaewon was doing, then she closed the door. Seonghwa finally sat in the car and started the engine. "You couldn't wait five seconds, could you?"

"Tsk- I'm not wasting any moment I have with you" Hongjoong replied and buckled up. He fixed his hair and looked over to the elder in his beautiful suit. There was just something about his husband in a black dress shirt and his hair slicked back.

Seonghwa stopped in his tracks for a moment and turned to the younger. "We're literally married for fifteen years, and this is our seventeenth Valentine's day- we see each other every day, you do realize that-"

"For once I try being cute with you-" Hongjoong rolled his eyes and sighed. A desperate laugh rolled over his lips as he shook his head. "Aw~ Seongie~ I'll never get fed up with you~ every moment without you is wasted~" he purred over dramatically and made a fake-pouty face, just to annoy the elder further.