o90

"Mom, Seonghwa is here" Junho introduced and held the door open for him. With heavy steps Seonghwa walked into the room his grandmother was resting in. The room was bright, the window was open and the late summer air was coming in. The white curtains slightly danced with the wind, created such a light mood, a relaxing atmosphere. Then his eyes found his grandmother, the woman who never aged, the woman whose smile never left her lips. Even now she looked like that. So carefree and full of joy.

"Hwa? You came?" the old woman opened her eyes, a small smile flashing over her lips. "Come on in, boy. Let me see you" she said and tried her best to see. With her age, seeing had become quite difficult. But she could say that the tall figure approaching her bed must be her beloved grandson.

Junho lightly pushed Seonghwa further into the room, then gave him a nod, before leaving the two alone.

The man turned back go the woman laying in her bed. "I told you I would come see you whenever you need me to" Seonghwa said and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Ah... You have your own life, Seonghwa. When you're old, you realize that really the only one that stays is yourself. And if you're lucky, the one you chose to stay" the elder said and did her best to sit up. She let her grandson help her a little. "Mhm, I want to go out today. I haven't seen my garden in so long. The weed must be everywhere.." the woman sighed.

Seonghwa looked at his grandmother with wide eyes. "B-but- I don't think it's good for you maybe-"

"No. I want to go out" the elder insisted. "I'm not going alone, am I? You will be with me, won't you?"

~

From Seonghwa's forehead sweat dripped down under the sun.

"Are you tired already? That's nothing, when did you start lacking so much condition?" his grandmother laughed. "Ah? Being a full time house-man made you slack"

"No-no! I am doing well!" Seonghwa gave back and continued to chop the weed and clean his grandmother's garden. He was exhausted. The garden was huge and he still had to do more than the half. "That's nothing, I'm fine, Grandma!"

The old woman chuckled. "I see, I see" she looked down at herself and then up again. "Mhm, if in honest, I didn't want your mother to marry my son. She deserved so much more than our family gave her" she said "Jiyoung was such a pretty girl. And ambitious. And respectful, taught well. And your father is just... Junho. Out of all my children he was the one I couldn't get to. He didn't study, he never liked school, never went to it. He always snucked out and came home late. Tsk, to this day I wonder why your mother still married an unemployed childish man like him"

Seonghwa chuckled at that. Oh what a coincidence. He did take after his mother. "Maybe it just felt right?" he gave back. "Maybe it was love?"

"love? I didn't love my husband. We respected each other and shared a bed, a house and sixty years of life. That old hag always got confused between left and right, we once got lost in nowhere because of him!" she said and a faint laugh escaped her lips. "he once used salt instead of sugar for sweet rice cakes... Oh you remember? When we used to go to the river? He taught you how to swim there"

"Ah yes! Well, Grandpa just threw me in and got me out after I didn't come up in two minutes"

"Ah yes, that were times... Seonghwa get all the weed! I don't want my garden to be left looking like a jungle!" the woman complained. "after he died everything got quieter, don't you think?"

Seonghwa sighed in memory. "Grandpa loved to entertain us with his stories and tales. I sure miss him... Sometimes I look at Dad and I think he really starts to look like him"

"Junho is just like Jongguk, they both hated school and work, but got around though... Ah, and I thought all my children came after me. Well, one foul fruit"

"but, you married Grandpa though? Why? You didn't love him, he had no good job. Why did you marry him?" Seonghwa asked and a smile crept up his lips.

"Because... Because he was funny. He made me laugh" the woman sighed and a sad smile came over her face. She looked up at the sky, held her hand up a little so she wouldn't get blinded by the sun. "You're jokes were so stupid. And you were so annoying... Sometimes... Maybe not that much?" she whispered. There was longing in her heart. Oh how much she missed the man she had spent most of her life with. Yes, his joked were stupid but they made her laugh. She longed these little dorky jokes, she missed them so much. It had been five years of loneliness and silence. And she felt like that was enough. The elderly woman looked back at her grandson who worked hard on her garden. Another sad smile crept over her face.

Over the last weeks she had had a little time with everyone left in her life and her little star was the last to arrive. And now that he was here, she felt complete.

"Seonghwa!" she called out "Let's go eat sweet rice cakes. I didn't get to eat them in a long time"

~

"you still look like a baby with stuffed cheeks when you eat"

"mhm?" Seonghwa looked up with big eyes.

His grandmother just shook her head. Nearly thirty and father of six children, and he still looked like one himself. "How are Hongjoong and the kids?"

"Nothing new, Hongjoong is working, the kids are going to school. Jongho is starting kindergarten after this summer"

"Jong-Ho? Your youngest?" the woman chuckled. "what a beautiful name. Your father told me"

"the name, yes... You won't believe me but look" Seonghwa fished out his phone and searched for a recent picture of Jongho "you can't tell me taht this doesn't look like something between Dad and Grandpa!"

The elder looked at the picture carefully. That was her great grandson, Jongho, in a little suit with a little tie, little hands and cubby cheeks, big eyes and fluffed up hair.

Seonghwa started to talk about his family, how everyone was doing, how fast the time flew and his kids grew up. That he started to understand what his elders meant by how fast time actually moved. He showed her every single picture and video he had, made her laugh with the silly things he had caught on camera.

The woman took her hand and placed it on Seonghwa's heart, gave him a true smile. The younger, caught off guard, snapped his eyes to his grandmother. "this here, is so big, that it fit the world. It has become a real treasure. Will you keep me there?"

-
Eeellooo

I think it's time to say how I plan this book to go. I thought about finishing, then it kinda made me sad because I love this and I have so much I  would love to write about for this one.

But I also want to start something new. So I thought-

I will 'finish' this with something like a 'season finale' and try out something else in that meantime😗

I plan on making a one-shot book with open requests rn but let's see

Final is, this won't end completely because sis got emotionally dependent to this✨✌️

Until then, let's enjoy the hell amount of fluff loading😌✨

I love these sparkles✨✨✨✨

Lol

Please stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb