o17

"Yunho, Mingi, no running around. Please." Hongjoong begged. His sons groaned but listened to their fathers wish.

They were waiting for their Papa to finally come out. His flight had just landed and the big board said that the luggages just arrived. Seonghwa would be here any minute. From all the excitement, noone could stand still.

"I can't wait any longer~" San whined.

"A little longer, he's going to be out any minute" Hongjoong replied, eyes searching for his husband. People started to come out, all passing by them but between all of them - no Seonghwa. Time passed and the rush died down, another flight landed, another rush of people left the baggage area but Hongjoong's husband was nowhere to be found. After an hour had passed he decided to call him. "Seonghwa? Where are you?"

"I'm going to be home in a hour they lost my suitcase or something" he heard him say in light panic. "I'm sorry I forgot to call you, it's a little stressing here"

"We're at the airport waiting for you" Hongjoong said "Then I'm going to take them so a café here, okay? We're waiting for you"

"Are they going to keep Papa?" San asked scared.

"No, they're not" Yunho answered. "Papa is coming a little late"

"Okay boys listen, what about we go sit down somewhere and wait for Papa there?" Hongjoong suggested, more like demanded, and took Wooyoung by his one hand, the other pushing Jongho's stroller.

"Did Papa bring Uuyoung present?" the two-year-old asked his father with excitement shining in his eyes.

"Papa was on vacation, I don't think so" Yeosang responded instead, pulling San with him. His twin got distracted by the beautiful inside of the airport and might get lost if you didn't drag him with you.

"Uhg... I'm hungry. Papa said he's going to cook my favorite when he's back" Mingi complained.

"Just a little longer, ah?"

When Hongjoong got his kids all seated in a nearby café, he checked his phone for texts from Seonghwa. There were none, meaning he was still dealing with the lost suitcase. He ordered himself a coffee and his kids juice and something little to snack on. Who knew how long it would take?

"Oh.. Look! That's a big big family" San said, pointing at the big group entering the café.

"Ah, San. Don't point at people!" Yeosang reminded him and took down San's hand. "It's rude"

But the boy wasn't wrong. A big group of eleven people entered and sat down at three tables. The oldest out of the group was still very, very young, maybe eighteen or nineteen. He organized all the younger ones, got them seated and ordered everyone exact what they wanted without getting it wrong.

"Ah! Some of them go to my school! They're in the upper classes!" Yunho exclaimed, his eyes fixing on the seemingly youngest ones. "The one with the little swollen face is really popular"

"Why don't you go and say hi if you know them!" Hongjoong suggested, Yunho immediately shaking his head. "ah, don't be shy!"

"Mhmhm!" Yunho protested, hiding behind Mingi. "I don't know them really... They're just really known at my school because they're a really big family. They all go to my school or the middle school on the other side of the street..."

Hongjoong eyed the family. And he thought his house was full and loud... But what he couldn't stop but think about was, if the person giving birth to them was okay after giving birth to eleven kids... His brows rose, questioning.

It was while a worker placed the orders on their table, when one of the kids fixed his eyes in Yunho. They knew him. "Hey! Yunho!" he shouted over the tables, making Yunho panic and hide more behind Mingi. "Yunho! Hey!" he simply stood up from his seat, ignoring his oldest brother, and walked over to Yunho. He wanted to say hi to the boy he got to know in school. Every now and then they spent lunch break together, playing football or something else.

Hongjoong's lips graced a big, wide smile. Yunho had made some friends.

"Did you forget me already? Summer break just stared a few weeks ago!" the boy said laughing.

"No..." Yunho replied, crawling out of his hideout. "I was surprised... What are you all doing here..?"

"Our parents are coming home! Who are you waiting for?"

Yunho and the boy started a conversation, joked around. Meanwhile, Hongjoong's kids were stealing look at the other tables, looking over in curiosity. It seemed a little chaotic over there but the oldest seemed to have everything under control. After a while he tried to call his little brother back but the boy - Chan - and Yunho weren't ready to be separated yet. "Chan, please come here. Let them have a coffee in peace!"

Hongjoong chuckled. "Oh no worries, it's totally fine" he replied the oldest, turning his face over to them. Three of them were covering a song called catallena, two were talking in Chinese, two were just not having anything of their loud brothers and judged them with looks. "I assume it's hard to handle them all?"

"Oh, hard? What? Never. They are just like angels, especially when our parents aren't there" the oldest replied, nervously chuckling. "I'm really sorry for the noise, I will stop it so they don't disturb you" he added, tried to shut down the singing of the trio - no success.

"No no, they're singing it well, let them be, it doesn't disturb us at all" Hongjoong responded. "You seem really young... I dare to assume you're their oldest brother? I'm impressed your parents trust you so many kids"

"Ah, thank you, Sir" he said, bowing a little. "Yes I am the oldest, just by one year though. I get help a lot but most of the tasks are mine to fulfill though"

"Can I... Can I ask how much of an age difference is between you and your brothers..?" Hongjoong asked the question that was burning on his tongue.

"Oh, because there are so many of us, right? Ah, yes of course... Four of us are adopted, including me. Our parents weren't able to have kids for a long time but they really wanted kids so, they adopted me and Jun, were about a year apart. After that there is a two year gap and then it begins again with Soonyoung, he's sixteen, our twins Wonwoo and Jihoon are fifteen... Minghao is 14, a quarter of the adopted ones... Yeah and then again a year apart with Mingyu and then a two year gap again between him and Seokmin... Our youngests are actually twins again, but Hansol - also adopted - is just days apart from them so we call them the triplets... It's pretty full at home" he chuckled, his eyes watching his brothers. "But it never gets boring"

"Oh I'm sure of that" Hongjoong responded. They too started a little conversation, got to know each other a little. Turns out Joshua - or Jisoo - was actually a pretty big fan of Hongjoong's music and the poor guy was internally panicking the whole time.

Time passed, and the door of the now pretty packed café opened again. This time a couple was entering, followed by a black haired man. Seonghwa.

"Papa!" San exclaimed, formally running to his father, his brothers following his example. The couple proceeded to join Joshua - they were his parents.

"Oh what a coincidence" one of them said. Seonghwa chuckled. "Looks like they know each other already, Seonghwa"

-
Hey! How are you guys doing? I hope you are doing well!

While I'm writing, this book just hit 2k! I am so happy, I can't put it in words! Thank you very much!

Ahhh, i couldn't but add Seventeen in the 17th chapter, okay? I had to! XD

You can always ask me to write something specific, ah! Like, how Hongjoong met Seonghwa, why Mingi gets his head stuck at times xD -no I didn't get that idea because I got my head stuck a couple times nooooo xD -
Don't be shy, just ask!

Man, it's 4.30 am here and I'm dying because I have to wake up at 6... Sleep schedule? What is that?

Anyways

Please stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb

--update, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY MINGI