o79

Slight tw|the last part of this could be triggering as it implies suicide

"Okay boys, I know you're all excited but it's time for bed" Seonghwa called and earned a bunch of groans.

"But it's summer break-" Yeosang argued. He was just enjoying the company of their young aunt.

"Just because you don't have to go to school, doesn't mean you can stay awake so long. You're already half an hour longe up" Seonghwa gave back and collected his kids to tuck them in. "I will be back in just a minute" he said directed at Hongjoong and Hyerin. Seonghwa didn't plan to be back in just a minute though. He wanted to give the siblings the alone time they probably needed.

Up in the bathroom, Seonghwa watched and helped his boys get ready for bed.

"Aunt Hyerin is soo~ pretty!" San said and put toothpaste on his brush.

"Mhm! And cool! Papa, can you ask her if she wants to come here more often?" Yunho asked excitedly.

"mhm... I will tell her that" Seonghwa replied and chuckled "Jongie, you need to let go of that Bunny if you want to brush your teeth"

"Uh-uh! His name RinRin!" the youngest gave back and refused to let go of the little bunny his aunt had given him.

"How about I can hold RinRin and you brush your teeth?"

"Mhm! Careful!"

~

As soon as the kids and Seonghwa were gone, complete silence fell over the siblings. Hongjoong shifted uncomfortably. "So... You're in university now?"

"Mhm... I moved to campus" Hyerin replied just as uncomfortable.

"You're not living at home anymore?"

"No, only for university. It's pretty far and I didn't... Want to live there" she responded and pressed her lips together. "But I will move back, I don't think I can find enough money to move out completely"

"Why do you want to move out already? You're so young"

Hyerin looked up and into her brother's eyes. "Because of the same reason you moved out" she said and forced her eyes away. Her chest felt heavy just thinking about how the household looked like. "Mom... Sometimes makes it hard for someone to breathe since... Hyeja died" she sighed and kneeded her hands. Things she didn't want to remember clouded her mind.

"My door has always been open for you" was the only thing Hongjoong could reply as he too, remembered his oldest sister. It was a topic no-one ever talked about, so it had casted a deep wound in everyone involved and that wound blossomed into dark thoughts.

As if it had happened just yesterday, the scene built in front of her eyes. Hyerin still could hear her oldest sister talking to these men, the picture was tattooed in her brain. "Mom... forbid Dad and me to talk about her or name her" she choked out. She wanted to say out loud what she had kept in for so long so desperately.

"Does... Does She still believe it was your fault?" Hongjoong carefully asked, he didn't dare to look at the younger at the moment.  When his little sister didn't reply, Hongjoong shifted a little closer "You know it's not your fault, Hyerin... You were too young to know"

Hyerin dryly chuckled "that doesn't change anything" she breathed out.

"Ah, I hope I don't interrupt anything" Seonghwa marked by and joined the siblings in the living room. He had a clothes in his hand, put them on the arm of the couch.

"For who..?"

"Oh? It's so late already and dark outside. I don't want you to walk around that late. I figured it would be fine that you stayed over..?" Seonghwa replied and smiled at the girl warmly.