171

"Now be good until we're back," Seonghwa said as he kissed the heads of his children one after the other. Even Yunho let the embarrassing gesture pass. "Do as Joshua tells you to and I'll see you all in bed when we're back!"

"No worries Mr. Kim," Joshua assured and smiled respectfully at the elder's, "they will be in good hands!"

Parents day was never just a day, but a whole week of meeting at least three different teachers that told you almost the same words. It was Thursday night and Jongho's turn. Earlier that week Seonghwa and Hongjoong had already met Yunho' teacher, the twins' teacher which happened to be the same as Mingi's, and tomorrow they would have a talk with Wooyoung's as well.

"What do you think," Hongjoong started as he searched for the notebook in Seonghwa's handbag laying on his lap, "what will she tell us?"

Seonghwa rose his eyebrow and kept his eyes sternly on the road, maneuvering them through the dense evening traffic. "She'll ask us to send him to another school, that's what she will tell us," he replied indifferent.

"Are we going to?"

"If Jongho really wants to. I'm not fond of sending him to a school on the other side of the city all by himself and consider sending him to a boarding school all together." Seonghwa took one hand off the steering wheel and used to lean his head on. He had been thinking about it for a while but no outcome fit his expectations. Jongho was very loyal to his family and especially his siblings, he would never want to go to another school so far away. But he would receive a better education tailored to his talents and it was Hongjoong and Seonghwa's responsibility to ensure that. "He'll be homesick, sad and too shy to speak for himself. They'll eat him alive."

"Why do these schools don't have a 30 day free trial-" Hongjoong sighed jokingly and massaged the bridge of his nose. "We don't know that. Maybe it will strengthen his character if he's alone. He won't be relying on his siblings or us."

"Hongjoong, Jongho is a fourth grader. He's just out of being a toddler. He needs a support system around him. We can't put him in there just like that." Seonghwa took a shortcut as the main traffic started to annoy him. Some people seemed to have gained their license at the butcher's. "And, my baby has a very strong character. How dare you say that."

The younger rolled his eyes at his husband's behavior and let a dry laugh roll over his lips. "You can't hoard him like you did when he was a waddling in Pampers."

"Watch me."

~

"Okay how about we make some pizza and watch a movie?" Joshua suggested and looked at the small troupe of kids - and Yunho, who stood out like a tree between his siblings. He wondered, how someone related to Hongjoong could grow this tall in their mid-teens.

"You know..." Yunho' started, "not a bad idea but let's say you do that and I get going-" he sneaked between his siblings to the door, an innocent face masking him.

"Where do you think you're going?" Joshua crossed his arms and looked at the teen, unimpressed. "As far as I'm concerned, the only place you have to be is inside this house. I'm not taking any risks for you."

"Come in Joshua... I'm just going to the studio... I couldn't go to training the past two days, I've been locked in this house-"

"Because you have to study," Yeosang turned in and stood next to their babysitter. "And I'm telling Papa that you snuck out if you do."

"You're such a snitch sometimes i ask myself why i didn't take the initiative to kick you off your crib when you were a baby."

"Damn-" Mingi commented from the back and rose their eyebrows at the two.

Joshua shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I got ten of you at home. That doesn't work on me," he said and took the teen by his arms and brought everyone back into the living room to look for something entertaining to watch. In the end they chose a drama Yeosang had been watching with Seonghwa. After a brief sum up about what had happened until the recent episode, everyone was very involved in the storyline.

~

Dino Nugget
i can't believe you're seeing my own brother more than i do

i can't believe he seriously sat me down to watch dramas all night

why

just why

Dino Nugget
tahts rough buddy

anyway

i got a date

bruh

when

who volunteered

Dino Nugget
yo mom

what did we say about yo mom jokes

Dino Nugget
yo Pa is hot and you can't differentiate if were joking or not

sorry

anyway

not gonna tell you though

haha

suffer

why

just why

why would you drop this and then dip

Dino Nugget
your pain and suffering brings me joy

another day passes where i question why tf i ended up being friends with you

Dino Nugget
honestly

i wonder too

lol

~

"Joshua your brother is weird as hell," Yunho commented as he put his phone away and turned back to the tv.

"Which one-"

"The one with the single braincell"

"... you'd be surprised how little that restricts the selection."

-

a short chapter for todayyyy

I'm sick as helllll

my brain gets little to no oxygen as my nose is closed and full and try as the desert

stay healthy y'all
and safe but healthy

appreciate your two working nostrils

-gul