132

"Due to unexpected snowfall, the roads will be closed. Citizens that are locked in the snowstorm will be rescued by the fire department. Please stay inside and wait for further instructions"

A long sigh left Hongjoong's lips as he lowered his head onto the steering wheel. Seonghwa turned the radio quieter and pursed his lips, looked at his kids sitting on the back seats. It would be a long day.

"... Are we going to die?"

"Mingi what the hell-"

For a second the elder thought about what exactly to respond, to even respond at all. "No-one is going to die, Mingi," he said and took off his seat belt. Not that he was claustrophobic, but the thought of being stuck in meters of snow for a couple hours did make him nervous. "Someone is going to come and get the snow away so we can go home, promise"

Jongho puffed his cheeks and huffed, pouting his lips in disappointment. "I was so excited to slide down the hill..."

"And what are we supposed to do now?" Wooyoung whined and crossed his arms.

"We could sit and spent some family time-" San tried and got cut off immediately by almost all of his siblings.

"Dad I want to go home-"

Hongjoong found the strength to lift his head and turn around. "Well life isn't fair, you know? You don't always get what you want-" he pressed and pushed his seat back a little, and careful to not squeeze San who was sitting on the seat behind him.

Seongwha shook his head at the whole scene, then took word again. "I think San had a great idea," he said and also pushed his seat a little bit back. "We're going to be here for a while, so let's make the best out of it"

The siblings looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders as there was no way out anyway. Following suit of their father, they took off the seat belts and jackets, making themselves comfortable as possible. While Jongho and Mingi both snuggled to Yunho's sides, engulfed by their now as blankets used jackets, Wooyoung laid over Yeosang's lap. San, the only one sitting alone behind his father, had a quite jealous pout on his lips. He would always keep loving cuddles. So it didn't take long until he stood up and just squeezed himself onto the two seats behind him.

"Papa~... Will you tell us more stories?" Mingi asked and popped his head up from behind the seats.

Seonghwa pressed his lips in a line and looked over to his husband for a moment. "Mhm... I think we could?" The elder thought a moment long about a story he hadn't told his children yet. Just now he realized there was little left. A glance at the window gave him an old memory that warmed his heat. "Mhm... What about Yuyu's first winter?"

~

Thick snowflakes stuck to the window as the wind howled outside. For once they had a white winter, in the city it usually didn't happen. So, the more excited Seonghwa was as he watched the outside get coated by the snow that just kept going.

"Ah? What is that, Yunnie?" he asked with a wide smile, picking up his son. Yunho's eyes were glued to the window and the falling snow, too fascinated to even draw away his curious, big eyes. Seonghwa turned the baby to the window and brought him a little closer, let his little chubby hand touch the cold glass. There was a loud coo that left the father's mouth when Yunho withdrew his hand immediately, not liking the cold at all. "Cold, Yunnie?" he asked and carried him back to the living room that had become a Yunho-only-room. Though he had made it to his priority to not spoil his child, Yunho had won that war from day one. Now Seonghwa was left with always cleaning up after him and the ton of toys that had come together.

He sat his first-born down on his sleeping blanket that was spread over the couch. Yunho soon noticed that his father was about to lull him into his nap, and he was not happy about it at all. As soon as his little butt touched the fluffy, warm and comfortable blanket, he tried to crawl away. He was too excited to go to sleep now. It was the first snow of the year, the first snow the baby had seen fall. And just something in the way they stuck to their window was so pretty to him, he wanted to watch them rather than go take his needed nap.